*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876404-Ghost-Stories-and-Other-Fun
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#876404 added March 13, 2016 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
Ghost Stories and Other Fun

This week, the trailer for the new Ghostbusters reboot was launched...and along with it came concerns of racism and sexism. My biggest question is this: Are we just looking for reasons to be offended in everything nowadays? Or is this new Politically Correct culture a byproduct of a 24-hr. news cycle, combined with the internet and social media being in our faces constantly? Is being aware of everyone's opinions on everything somehow indirectly shaping our own?


*Ghost* Manx Cat from Japan *Ghost*



1. Are we just looking for reasons to be offended in everything nowadays? sexism? *Rolling* *BigSmile* I watched the trailer. Are you serious?

For centuries because of a few comments in scripture as well as caveman ethics men have grabbed lead roles now someone puts out a spoof movie that is suppose to be fun entertainment and because women play the leads it is sexism. Let's be serious. Women are part of boots on the ground. They always have carried guns, fought in wars, kept the home fires burning, driven the ambulances, staunched the blood flow, etc. Just nobody said so. Racism is just the same: Study geography; the whites came from the North countries. Race is all about melanin and longitude and latitude. example: Male and female nurses. The movies very rarely show a male in the nurse part. But, there are lots of male nurses that are excellent in the job.

2. My biggest question is this: Are we just looking for reasons to be offended in everything nowadays? Or is this new Politically Correct culture a byproduct of a 24-hr. news cycle, combined with the internet and social media being in our faces constantly?

Nah! I believe truly that the Cons are louder than the Pros about almost everything. For many years there has been a group of people concerned about what they consider apathy in the USA. I don't think this country is apathetic I think it is busy. When people have a little time to think they make better decisions. Nothing is simple. I've seen the news media do some really good reporting.

Is being aware of everyone's opinions on everything somehow indirectly shaping our own. It can happen. I run into little idea's once in awhile that some groups of people like to push but a person who is thinking, paying attention to a lot of different facets of ideas often finds out what works and what doesn't.

Like the definition of the word theory. Is something theory or fact?

People are suppose to learn to make decisions by looking at more than one side of a story. It slows down the ranting *Rant* Education is suppose to be diversified so you can think of how things could be done, how they should be done and what happened when they were already done. This is way to general as an opinion but if I get into specifics of some thing I learned it will probably blast some individual so I won't continue for now.

The only other thing I can say is education has sometimes been used as a weapon so it is not an equal scene and yes the lack of it constricts good opinion making.

A ghost story = "A Sudden Light" by Garth Stein

Be centered


A signature owl



© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876404-Ghost-Stories-and-Other-Fun