*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876647
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#876647 added August 25, 2018 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
Fond Of Dancing, Falling In Love
Prompt: To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love.

Brittany Langford was all dressed for the ball. Wearing a beautiful blue dress with ruffles, her blonde hair in spit curls and her new button top boots. Her innocent blue eyes and porcelain skin. She was a beauty but she hardly cared about that. She was so tired of balls. She hadn't met a man she wanted for a husband, yet. At nineteen years, her father said it was time for her to marry. She prayed she would find someone soon. Her father was going to pick her out a husband. He would choose someone boring, old and fat. She hoped she found a man worthy of her charms tonight.

Brittany left with her parents for the ball. The carriage ride to the Mackley Estate was a short ride. Tiberius Langford looked at his daughter.

"Brittany, a young man named Cassidy Dashmont, who is an importer of tea has just moved to the area. He is twenty years old and most anxious to meet you."

Brittany groaned. The man was probably ugly, dowdy and boring. Who said a woman had to be married? She loved her home and her parents when her father wasn't on her about getting married.

The carriage had arrived at the Mackley Estate. It was fancy and all the interior building supplies came from France and the furniture had too. What was wrong with English interiors? This was England after all. Brittany loved being English.

Brittany greeted the Mackleys and looked around at the ball. All the elite people were there. So were militia soldiers. It was going to be a long night. Captain Lance McCarty asked Brittany to dance and she accepted. He was a handsome soldier with dark hair and an impish grin. He was a good dancer and Brittany enjoyed the dance. She saw all the young men and ladies she knew. Some friends, some not. She lost her balance when Lance had spun her around and a handsome young man that she had never seen before, caught her in his arms. She blushed and thanked him.

"Are you alright, Miss?" He had long kempt black hair and blue piercing eyes. He was tall and had a good build. His skin was perfect and his smile caught her off guard.

"Yes, thank you." Brittany smiled.

"Let's go sit down." The gentleman took her hand and they sit down.

"I should introduce myself. I am Cassidy Dashmont."

WHAT DO YOU KNOW. HER FATHER LIKED THIS GUY. HE WAS THE MOST HANDSOME MAN THAT SHE HAD EVER SEEN.

"I am Brittany Langford."

"I know. Your father has told me all about you. You are beautiful."

Brittany blushed. Cassidy patted her hand. "Would you like to dance with me?"

Brittany nodded. She offered Cassidy her hand and they went back out unto the dance floor and she really liked dancing with him. They danced to all the dances. "TO BE FOND OF DANCING WAS A CERTAIN STEP TOWARDS FALLING IN LOVE." If this was love, she could deal with this.

Brittany's father came up to them and smiled. "I see you two seem to be carrying on really well. May we invite you to dinner Mr. Dashmont tomorrow night?"

"I would be honored." He shook Mr. Langford's hand.

Brittany was pleased. She and Cassidy danced some more and went out unto the veranda. He kissed Brittany's cheek.

"That may be too forward. I want to get to know you."

"I would like that, Mr. Dashmont." Cassidy gently kissed Brittany. After the kiss, they smiled at each other. They went back inside and danced some more.

Cassidy Dashmont had dinner with Brittany's family. After two weeks of courting, Cassidy asked Brittany to marry him. She accepted. Brittany was surprised when she saw Cassidy's estate. It was big and beautiful. {If I dare say, it was like Pemberly}. Cassidy and Brittany were married and lived happily after.

** Image ID #1979577 Unavailable **
Picture of Mr. Darcy.
© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/876647