*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877207
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1901355
This is my 2012 NaNoWriMo Novel
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#877207 added March 23, 2016 at 2:30pm
Restrictions: None
Lydia Applewhite the Protagonist
Protagonist Profile

Lydia Applewhite is a 65 year old writer of spell books and cook books living in Dragonview at the foot of the Silent Mountains. She is the last surviving legitimate member of the founding family of Dragonview. Lydia inherited her wealth from her father, Luther Applewhite, and grandmother, Selma Applewhite. According to local legend, Selma acquired her wealth by transforming spells and potions so that they worked in the modern age of technology. Luther acquired his wealth in a less magical way by buying and selling realestate. There is very little known about Lydia's either Lydia's mother or grandfather.

Most people in Dragonview are afraid of the Applewhite's because people who anger them or oppose them have a habit of disappearing. Sometimes those people reappear, but when they do they are all insane and unable to communicate any believable explanation for their disappearance and sudden reappearance. Ever since Lydia's grandmother founded the town, everyone in Dragonview tries extremely hard to avoid saying anything to any outsider about the Applewhites.

Lydia herself has angel white hair which at one time was platinum blond. She has gold-flaked blue eyes, which she inherited from her father and grandmother. She is about 5' 5" tall with a touch of arthritis. Lydia, like her father, must have every new type of modern technology that comes on the market. She is a recluse, who uses the technology she buys to maintain her privacy. Lydia has a temper, which she can control under most conditions. However, anyone who does eventually push her buttons disappears and in most cases permanently.

When Lydia was about 22 years old she married Horace Clawson and gave birth to a daughter, who she named Selma Ann, about a year later. Due to the negligence of her father partner, Chester Wainwright, Lydia's husband and daughter died a horrible death (their bodies were crushed when a stonewall fell on them). The local police investigated the incident, but could find no evidence of murderous intention. A few days after the case was closed Chester Wainwright and the police officer who investigated the deaths disappeared. A few weeks later, Chester Wainwright's son was sent to prison for breaking and entering the Applewhite residence.

Protagonist Interview

Interviewer: Ms. Applewhite, may I interview you about the events in this story.

Lydia Applewhite: Yes, but only if you call me Lydia.

Interviewer: Lydia, how did the events of your story change you?

Lydia Applewhite: They gave me insight into my own faults and made me more understanding of other people's faults. The events in this story also taught me that vengeance only beget vengeance. It is often better to forgive or to contact law enforcement then to seek vengeance yourself. If I had it all to do over again, I would contact law enforcement.

Interviewer: Did you discover anything else, Lydia?

Lydia Applewhite: I learned that magic must be use carefully and with compassion or it will turn on you.

Interviewer: Lydia, how is life for you now?

Lydia Applewhite: My life is better because I have connected with family members I did not know existed. I now have someone who can carry on the Applewhite heritage.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877207