*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877211
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1901355
This is my 2012 NaNoWriMo Novel
#877211 added March 23, 2016 at 4:27pm
Restrictions: None
K.C. Wainwright the Antagonist
Antagonist Profile

         Kevin Chester Wainwright is 45 years old, but looks older. He went to prison when 20 and was paroled in 5 years, but returned because of a parole violation and received an additional ten years. However, he was again after 20 years. His father, Chester Wainwright, was Luther Applewhite's (Lydia's father) partner. After he got out of prison for the second time he went to work for Gray Landscaping and, secretly become Lydia's part-time grounds keeper, when he talked one of the other landscapers into letting him take the assignment. He is know as K. C. He has salt and pepper hair. He always sports a one to two-day old beard, with dark brown eyes.
         K. C. originally went to prison for breaking and entering, he broke into the Applewhite house after his father disappeared. K. C. believed that Luther Applewhite had something to do with his father's disappearance, but he could not prove it so he broke into the house to see if he could find any information about his father's disappearance. He was sent back to prison because he went into Luther Applewhite's office and threaten him with a knife. While K. C. was in prison his mother died.
         K. C. is convinced that Luther Applewhite arranged for Chester Wainwrights disappearance. K. C. also blame the Applewhite's for his mother's death. While in prison, K. C. found out that the house his parents owned in Dragonview; the house he grew up in reverted to the Applewhite estate because it went unclaimed for five years after his mother's death. K. C. did not know that the house was originally owned by the Applewhite-Wainwright Company and that it would revert to the company if unclaimed. K. C. is also angry that Luther Applewhite had the Wainwright name removed from the company name after his mother died.
         K. C. is paroled for the second time. He returns to Dragonview because there is a guaranteed job at Gray Landscaping for any parolee that will take up residence in Dragonview for the length of his or her parole. Once the parolee has completed his parole the he or she can live anywhere and will receive a letter of recommendation. K. C.'s only reason for returning to Dragonview is revenge against the Applewhite's for his father's disappearance and his mother's death. K. C. mother died of a heart attack three months after he went back to prison.

Antagonist Background Story:
Man of the House

K. C. sat at the kitchen table, moving his breakfast around the plate, hoping his mother would think he had ate something. He wasn't hungry and the more it attempted to eat the less bacon and eggs appealed to him. Picking up the glass of milk beside his plate, he sniffed it. Damn, he thought taking a sip, it isn't sour so I'll have to drink it. Milk was not what he wanted to drink, he would have preferred something a little stronger and with a kick to it, but his mother refused to have alcoholic beverages in the house.

"What's the matter, K. C." his mother placed a slice of toast on his plate, "Are you ill?"

"No, Mom," he smiled and crumbled the toast into his eggs and hash browns. "I... I'm just a bit nervous, that's all."

"Then eat your breakfast and you'll feel better."

"Sure," he took a bit and then placed his fork on the plate. "Mom, I'd prefer to live with Uncle Hank and learn the family trade."

"K. C., in this modern age practicing the trade of a wainwright doesn't pay well." She patted his arm, "You have to have a career that will pay your bills and support your family. That's why your father and I moved to Dragonview. That's why your father went into business with Mr. Applewhite. That's why..."

"I know, Mom, that's why I have to take this internship at the Applewhite-Wainwright Reality Company. The problem is...."

"The problem is, K. C., you're spoiled" She glared at him, "You were born in Dragonview and you don't know what it's like to have to work from sunup to sundown in order to put food on the table. I don't want to hear any more of this nonsense about being nervous."

"OK, Mom," he focused his attention on the plate in front of him. Spoiled, he sighed, I'm not as spoiled as Lydia.

Chester Wainwright walked into the room and laid a small box in the center of the table. Then he kissed his wife on the cheek before sitting down to breakfast.

"What's in the box, Pop," K. C. finished his breakfast.

"That is a gift for Lydia Applewhite. You will deliver it to her today and ask her to marry you."

"Pop, I don't like that bitch!"

"I don't care, she is Luther Applewhite's only child, which means she will inherit his portion of the Company."

"But, Pop, she's older then..."

"K. C., I don't care if she is older. I don't care if you despise the bitch. All I care about is that you become the Man of the Applewhite house and control the Applewhite fortune. I don't even care if you have to take her family name when you marry her."

"I don't understand, Pop."

"Yesterday," Chester took a sip of coffee, "Luther informed me that he is arranging an introduction between Lydia and a Horace Clawson sometime next week. Convince her that you love her." He smiled at his son, "She isn't that much older then you and marrying an older woman can have its advantages, especially when she is rich. Do whatever you have to do, but convince her to marry you before Horace Clawson arrives in Dragonview."

"Pop, you act as if the only important thing in this world is money."

"It is, K. C." both his parents answered at the same time.
© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877211