*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877212
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1901355
This is my 2012 NaNoWriMo Novel
#877212 added March 23, 2016 at 4:16pm
Restrictions: None
Miles Dragonslayer is Minor character #1
Character Sketch

Minor Character #1; 35 years old and looks his age; K.C.'s parole officers and was not born in the province where he is assigned to work; black hair and light brown eyes; he is always clean shaven.

Miles took the parole officers job in Dragoview so that he could find out more about his family history. His mother, Cora Noland, never spoke much about her family. She never told her children her father's name. Miles knows that his mother returned to Dragonview twice after her marriage to his father, Jess Dragonslayer. The first time she returned was for her mother's funeral and the second time her father's funeral. He also knows that she owns a house in Dragonview and that she receives money from renting it out.

Miles arrived in Dragonview the day before K. C. got out of prison, so when K. C. returns to Dragonview, Miles is still in the process of going through files. The only person in Miles' office is an office manager. His predecessor disappeared without a trace and no one knows what happened to him. In addition, to overseeing the parolees in Dragonview, Miles has to find out what happened to his predecessor.

Miles has an even temper.

Background Story:
Miles At Home with His Parents

"What's wrong, Jess?" Cora could see by his expression that he was worried about something.

"Nothing out of the ordinary," he said closing the account books. "We're just going to have to put off some of the bills again."

"How much do you need, Pop," Miles got up from the couch and taking his wallet out of his back pocket went to his father's desk.

"Keep your money in your wallet, Miles. I suspect, as usual, your father didn't figure in my income from the house in Dragonview."

"Cora," Jess smiled at his wife, "that's your money, your inheritance, and I don't like..."

"Since I don't work outside the house, that is the only money I bringing into this marriage," she glared at her husband. "Therefore, you either count the money in the budget or I start looking for a job."

"Cora,..."

"Don't Cora me, Jess Dragonslayer! We've gone through this argument every month since the day we were married and I'm tired of arguing with you about it. Either start counting that money as household income or I'm going to get a job washing dishes."

Miles put his wallet back in his pocket and sit down on the couch waiting for his father to give in. He knew from the tone of his mother's voice that his father had no other choice.

"Very well, Cora," Jess sighed, "have it your own way."

I wonder, Miles thought, if I should try asking her again about my grandfather?

"Miles," Cora turned to face her son, "I've told you before that your grandfather is buried in Dragonview and that's all you need to know."

"Mother, I'm having some friend over this evening. When they arrive could you please not read our minds."

"I'll think about it, Miles."
© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877212