*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877411-TV--and-Energy
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#877411 added March 25, 2016 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
TV and Energy
On this day in 1954, RCA manufactured its first color TV set and began mass production. Had this never happened, do you think we would still enjoy what television has to offer us?


Owl with an attitude

Yes. I believe constant technological advance is inevitable. However, the way some things evolve probably has a sociology affect on society. For instance, there is a lot of difference between the programming presented on PBS and the programming on other channels. As for me, I only get PBS, ABC, NBC, and CBS. So, other people who have cable may have better choices but they have to pay high prices for the choices. Those prices are still out of reach of some places in this country. Last nights news had another factory closing in this area and moving its' product line overseas.

Interpretation of constant technological advance is something that should be discussed and analyzed. For instance, I lived on a farm in North Dakota in 1962. Their electricity was totally supplied by windmill. There was not any noticeable difference in the technology. They ran televisions, freezers, refrigerators, etc. without any glitches. Except Once every 6 months they were down for maintenance for awhile. Maintenance was accomplished by the farmer who owned the farm. And, not only the house and outbuildings were adequate but the apartment we were renting was also covered technologically.

Since 2005 studies have been done in Northern Pa. that makes solar energy feasible year round. Solar panel size and shape have been updated to be usable and inexpensive through out the world. If the world economy collapses people who have been able to change to these technologies will not feel the pinch as much as other people.

Unfortunately, there is a public outcry against some of these technologies. The draw backs to wind and solar energy are also being addressed and changed. The normal person under $30,000. has a difficult time even considering newer systems of energy. It means a change to their now economically impoverished lifestyle. In another voice, I have to say, I know a lot of the energy technology produced by this country is being shipped to markets over seas. For one thing, people are afraid to disband companies who now handle all energy. This is a whole other thought process to take control of energy supplies and feels impossible to those who can't even find more than a part time job. etc.

Recently I found out online, there is now new technology that eliminates the need to use batteries to store solar power. It is an electronic feed like an electric panel that brings the energy into the house and changes it to a usable product and feeds it to the lines that run inside the house. The factory that makes these systems is sold out for years to come.

How will the USA respond to all the challenges that are needed? Philadelphia has or is suppose to have internet to every household as a part of their new systems. Other cities are also jumping on this idea. The internet can bring TV, education, knowledge, social media and just every day everything. Energy is a basis for all changes.

The Human body is puny and subject to breakdown. The extra energy keeps us warm, well, safer or you list it! We can live without it but know one wants to.







© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/877411-TV--and-Energy