*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878359-This-ones-about-the-ship-mountains-and-water-balloons
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2002599
My fourth blog. Amazing yet disconcerting. Don't worry; this'll go away in a year or so.
#878359 added April 4, 2016 at 4:32pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about the ship, mountains, and water balloons.
** Image ID #2036546 Unavailable **


BCOF Insignia


*Boat* "Welcome back to another voyage on the magical ship- it can go anywhere and anytime in complete safety for the voyagers. Don't know about my fellow travelers, but I am heartily tired of winter whites and browns- and cold weather. Let's take this ship on a trip to where flowers and foliage are. Let's go! Tell us where we are and how the place feels, looks, tastes, smells, and sounds."

*Balloonb* "Water balloons. Take this prompt anywhere you want."

Well, this couldn't have happened at a better time! The Magical Ship is back, taking off from the friendly confines of "Andre The Blog Monkey's Banana Bar this year. I can't wait to get outta here...after a really mild winter, we've had some snow in the last couple of days and I'm already sick of it. Seems like the only times I've had to go more than a few blocks in any direction the weather lately has sucked.

Needless to say, I'm already in the mood for shenanigans *Smirk*. I guess I should've taken a look to see who I'm takin' it to the seas with so I have a baseline idea of how much trouble I could potentially be getting myself into. Looks like I've already either taken this voyage and done some "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS summer camping with most of the crew, so this'll be a good time.

I've already got a feeling PandaPaws Licensed VetTech might have it out for me with the water balloons. I don't know who snuck 'em on the ship (if he's around, my guess is it's Andre). Sharon will probably try to retaliate for some of my 30DBC prompts the last few months...and if she's smart she'll have teamed up with Noyoki as well. I'm probably better off hiding in my room, but c'mon...when do I ever know better? *Laugh*

As for the trip itself, I'm not picky...I just wanna be warm and fun and free. I imagine it'll be to some kind of tropical island (it better be...I didn't pack my coconut thong for nothin' *Smirk*). It'll be an adventure, that's for sure...it usually is, isn't it? Some swimming, some sand, dalliances into the leafy forest somewhere off the beaten path where the ocean air turns into that musty mixture of humidity and plant life...now I'm a little nervous. What if someone wants to, you know, off me and leave me to rest in my tropical grave? Will anyone know where to look for me? Follow the trail past the mountains, where the scattered remains of water balloons lay. Note the flip flop footprints. There's your culprit if I go missing. *Laugh*

Blog City image small


*Mountains* "'It's the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top.- Robert M. Pirsig. Interpret this quote in any form or style you wish."

Speaking of mountains, one thing that's gotta happen on this Magical Ship if I'm gonna survive it is I'm gonna need someone to watch my back. Some teamwork, ya know? Who's with me when the water balloons come out? An uncomfortably wet Norb is an unhappy Norb, and like I mentioned earlier today in my "Invalid Item entry, I can be a miserable traveler at times. Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Mountains don't grow from the top down...the foundation rises when the sides are strongest. Or somethin' like that. Earth Science isn't my strongest subject *Wink*.

So who's with me? 'Cuz if you're not with me, you're against me...and I don't wanna climb crappy dirt hills. I wanna scale some mountains!

Blog divider.


Been awhile since I've done one of these entries...I was goin' through my Pocket app links to see if I had any interesting articles saved, just for the hell of it. I came across this one about this unreleased Elliott Smith song  ...and I keep telling Charlie ~ whenever his name comes up in conversation that I'm gonna listen to more of his music because I know I'll like it based on the couple of songs I've already heard. And this seems fitting for today, because, well, "Oceans".


"The magic of the ocean takes control over me."


For the blog.


*Quill* I may have shared this link recently, either in a previous entry or elsewhere, but it's still in my Pocket queue so I either did and didn't delete it, or I, uhhh, didn't. Anyway, it's tips for bloggers  , and I don't know how relevant they are to what any of us do here, but it's probably got some good advice (I haven't reread it yet because I'm sure I've already read it whenever I first saved it, and I really only save stuff that I wanna re-post). It's here now in case I ever wanna come back to it. Which is a polite way of saying I probably won't *Smirk*.

*Twitter* And at some point I must've went on a grammar kick, because I have a bunch of articles saved related to crazy Tumblr posts about the English language   and how messed up it is, and the best grammar tweets of 2015  ...and you'd think with all this knowledge at hand I'd be some sort of wicked Grammar Jedi. (Spoler Alert: I'm not.)

*Thinker* Here's a serious post about having an anxious mind and a laid-back personality  , which goes along well with some of my travel issues I'm sure. Given how stressed out I get planning on going anywhere before doing a complete 180 and worrying about nothing once I get there, this probably explains a lot.

*Dollar* And finally, let's have a little fun imagining where I'm going this week while realizing it'll be awhile before I go anywhere else  .

Woo-hoo! One day down here, four days into "Invalid Item (which are in that other place I write stuff in, "Soundtracked), and absolutely at least a month behind in my quest to "Give It 100! (I've got a few more poems written that I haven't posted yet, but that doesn't get me close to being caught up *Pthb*). Eh, there's always time...until there isn't *Laugh*. Peace, tide comes in and goes out, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2016 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878359-This-ones-about-the-ship-mountains-and-water-balloons