*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879216-Tuesday-4122016-Hobby-Blog
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#879216 added April 12, 2016 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday 4/12/2016 Hobby Blog
We're all comfortable in blogging in our close-knit groups here on Writing.com, so it may surprise you that
people with a lot less blogging experience are making (in some cases) large amounts of money blogging professionally online.

That being said - This challenge is about writing a professional blog entry on five different topics in five days.
Try changing up your formatting, and adding images to engage and entertain your audience. Make me want to buy an ad on your blog page.

I'll give you all five prompts now so you have some time to think about your entries.

Tuesday April 12 - Hobby Blogger - (use your most enjoyed hobby)
Wednesday April 13 - News Sensationalist or Conspiracy Theorist Blogger - Make it up. The more the bizarre the better.
Thursday April 14 - Entertainment Blogger - Movies, Music, Theater, TV, etc.
Friday April 15 - Self Help Blogger - Be creative. What does everyone need a little help with?
Saturday April 16 - Food Blogger - This could be about home cooking or restaurant reviews or both.


TRY THESE! IT MAY JUST BE THE BEGINNING OF A NEW AND PROFITABLE CAREER.


*Fan*



References: www.feex.com by David Carlson
www.bloggingpro.com
www.shoutmeloud.com by Harsh Agrwal
www.blogstarter.com
www.Amazon.com/books
Hobby Blogger


These are all references online. The subjects are more about how to turn a hobby blog into a profitable money draw. After checking out Google search I searched with binkiland and basically came up with the same websites. There is a reason for it explained online. The reason is; in order to make money with a blog it is essential to be listed in the website index. The article by Harsh Agrwal will tell you how to accomplish this feat.

If you are writing a true hobby blog you will be writing about subjects that you enjoy. Blogging as a hobby is about spreading knowledge that you have rattling around in your brain. You may be blogging with a group of friends or you may start a blog and tie up with some interested people you meet online. In any event if it is a hobby it will not involve selling yourself or even necessarily selling your ideas. It will involve sharing ideas and fun with other people, similar to cave people who used to meet around the campfire and share knowledge and hunting adventures when Humans were still nomads. Or similar to fishing buddies sharing how the big one got away in the local pub at the end of a good fishing day.

Hobby bloggers write about diverse subjects. Professionals often choose one topic to converse about on a regular schedule. The topic a professional Blogger chooses will be geared toward a popular or commercial need. Copy writing skills will be an asset to the professional. Surveying readers so you understand their interest in your blog will also aid in ways to draw revenue with your blog. As a professional you will learn in-depth information about your subject over time.

Hobby blogging needs some writing skills that will flow over if you ever go professional. You will write with a style to reach the individuals you are sharing information with. Using I or you becomes acceptable writing skill. Talk to your readers as if you know them. Your knowledge as a hobby Blogger will become diverse and extensive because you touch on many subjects.

The technological side of blogging will still need to be addressed. You may need to set up a website and become familiar with word press. www.blogstarter.com may be a place to learn these skills. I’m going to read a couple books about the subject of blogging. One is “How to Start a Successful Blog in One Hour” by Steve Scott and “How to Make Money Blogging” by Bob Lotich. Whether they are excellent books on the subject or not the kindle edition was free today on Amazon. Amazon has many books on blogging at reasonable prices. Interestingly blogging and internet publishing can be an intertwining subject.

Just this last thought, more than one place today and some other days, advice says a blog article should be lengthy in order to succeed. I’m not sure how true this is because of my amateur status as a Blogger so any comments, about the length of blog entries will be welcome. Journalism says, get your information in the first part of the article, because the reader won’t take time to read the whole thing. So the contrast of length in newspapers and length of blog articles may have a discussion point.

As for making money with a blog. The internet is a place to sell products. What I saw today is a sales pitch everywhere. Guess I’ll go read a blog.

Happy Trails.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879216-Tuesday-4122016-Hobby-Blog