*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879588
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2079738
These are my works in progress that I haven't finished.
#879588 added April 17, 2016 at 4:04am
Restrictions: None
A GREENHOUSE
Apr 8 2016

A GREENHOUSE

"Greenhouse 13 sits at the back of the lot. The plants inside seem darker. The leaves of the plants spread across the glass to block out the sunlight. No bright greens in view. Just dark greens, which looked almost black and deep reds cover the glass walls. The rumour is that even the caretakers refuse to go inside the greenhouse and instead turn on the auto sprinkler system from the outside. Which is why it looks so overgrown, no one can see past the leaves pressed against the glass.With all the other greenhouses you can see to the centre where the pond and benches are for picnics. The door is locked so visiting children cannot get in and get lost.

"But tonight I propose we go in and check it out. The full moon should help to provide the light to get there and then we can use torches once inside." Jeremy had a triumphant smile on his face as he looked at the others gathered around him. A couple people shook their heads and began to walk away. "What's wrong? You guys chicken?" He began clucking at them, his hands folded under his armpits as he flapped his arms and scratched at the ground with his foot. Tabitha reached over and smacked him across the back of the head.

"Shut up you idiot. If they don't want to come with us then we cannot force them to come," She watched them pause and turn back to her. "It doesn't matter if they're scared, we're all scared of something. You're scared of spiders Jez, what do you think will be living in a greenhouse?" Jeremy stuck out his tongue at her, but she smiled knowingly and flicked her eyes in the direction of the two that had begun to walk away as they returned to the circle.

"Awesome, so is everyone in? Cause I have a list of stuff for each of you to bring. We're going to make a night of it. I'll bring dad's portable campfire but it's kinda heavy so the rest of you will have to help with my other stuff." There were six in the group. Jeremy and Tabitha; then there was the twins, Kale and Kobe; and the last two were Eoin and Alice. "So we'll meet out the front of school at nine and make our way over from there. Is everyone agreed? Does anyone need an excuse for their parents?" His gaze moved to the twins, they looked at each other then shook their heads. "Great, then I will see you all tonight. Don't make the rest of us hunt you down and kidnap you."

*

Jeremy looked at his watch, the other two had five minutes left. He knew it would be the twins to be late, after all they were the ones that had begun to walk away. Tabitha slapped him across the back of the head again. Her way of saying be patient. He tugged his sleeve back down over the watch and looked at Eoin and Alice. They had their heads bent over Eion's phone as he tapped away on it.
© Copyright 2016 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879588