*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879594-Searching-for-knowledge-before-voting
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#879594 added April 17, 2016 at 7:44am
Restrictions: None
Searching for knowledge before voting

*BookOpen* This book is a Hoot! *TeaG*







Walid Phares (Advisor to Donald Trump)



For my own information I decided to look up Walid Phares online. Because of the radical campaign being waged in the Republican camp I want to be informed about what is actually being pitched to the public by Republicans. Sometimes it is difficult to know which vote is going to count when it comes to radical ideology, as it may be applied to our country, by leaders, after an election.

A lot of the information I read about Walid Phares on the Fox News website (Phares is a Fox News Middle East and Terrorism expert) and in Wikipedia seems inspiring, because he has been an advisor to more than one country. He holds degrees from more than one University and in more than one college of learning. He speaks 3 languages. During one campaign he advised Mitt Romney. He has been a member of many political groups. Phares has written several books.

Phares is a Maronite Christian. The Maronite Church of Antioch’s home is in Lebanon. The Church is part of the Eastern Group of Catholic churches with self governance. They follow a monk named Maron who was born in the 4th century. All of the above references seem well founded.

However, there are other things to consider and I found some of them as well:

The following quote is from an article in {link:http// www.motherjones.com} called “Does Trump think his Top Foreign Policy Advisor is Muslim? “During the 1980s, Phares, a Maronite Christian, trained Lebanese militants in ideological beliefs justifying the war against Lebanon's Muslim and Druze factions, according to former colleagues. Phares, they say, advocated the hard-line view that Lebanon's Christians should work toward creating a separate, independent Christian enclave. A photo obtained by Mother Jones shows him conducting a press conference in 1986 for the Lebanese Forces, an umbrella group of Christian militias that has been accused of committing atrocities.”


The following quote comes from Wikipedia page “Walid Phares”. It is found near the bottom of the page in (Political Activism) just before references are listed. “His appointment was met with criticism from the Council on American–Islamic Relations, which described him as “an associate to war crimes” (due to his ties to the Lebanese Forces) and a “conspiracy theorist.””

This is what I dug up in my very short search online. If possible I will now take some time to read some of his books. This man is advising Donald Trump. Sometimes, people who advise can wield a great deal of influence. Let our open minds be informed as voters, on all fronts, about the people, who are behind the people.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879594-Searching-for-knowledge-before-voting