*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879697-5-Day-Mini-challenge-Lost-in-Time-Voyage-of--Magical-Ship
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#879697 added April 18, 2016 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
5 Day Mini challenge, Lost in Time, Voyage of Magical Ship
This third week of April, we hopped back onto the Magical Ship for another round of fun. So many ideas were tossed about for places to go and things to do. After all the discussion, the Ship rose into the air, rocked back and forth, and then

Bam!

Everyone is deposited onto the ground. The environment is temperate. Around us are forested areas and it does look as if we are nearby a road of some sort – a dirt road with a few ruts. Doesn’t appear to be highly traveled. Not everything is forest, there are fields here and there, maybe even farmed areas.

There is one remnant of the ship. Hanging in the air like a Cheshire cat’s smile is a LED display that says,

1625 AD
51°36′31″N 0°46′16″W51.6086°N 0.7710°W (2016 equivalent, Handy Cross, England)

We are not dressed in the clothes we left in. Other than our clothing, we seem to have no other supplies.


Prompt 1 for Monday, April 18: Tell me what you are thinking and feeling. What do you think is happening? What are you afraid of? What do you do in the next couple of hours?

I bet there might be a Fairy playing a flute around here? Group signature.



Thump, Thump, Thump, bodies are hitting the ground all around me. I climb to my feet. Then I rush around helping up the others. Neva is examining the flora and fauna around her so I know she is fine. Blue moon says, “So much for the safety of the Magical Ship, I want to go home.” I pat her on the back and move on to Noyoki who is also brushing herself off. Andre has climbed a close tree and is surveying the surrounding countryside from the top probably looking for bananas. In spite of the ship blowing up and the fall no one seems to be injured.

Where are we? "The sign over there pointing west says Handy Cross. I think that is a village in the Wycombe District of England says Alexi."


“It must be the 17 century judging by our clothing,” Five-Sixer states as he wacks his hat on his knee to get off some of the dung he landed in. "I think we are in some farmers field. Lets move on down the path."

“I think we should be careful. If we really did land in 17th century England we need to figure out the rules for living. It is a very religious time of unrest. The puritans are fighting the catholic rules in the church of England. There isn’t much real freedom of speech. Charles Stuart became king in April when his father James died and he is at odds with parliament because they won’t grant him the money he needs for war and to run the country." This is rattled off by Jelly Fish while wandering around where we landed.

"Plus, he married a Roman Catholic Princess from France so that makes everyone who is against the church of England upset." added Panda Paws.

"Everyone is expected to worship with the church of England but, the puritans are holding unauthorized meetings and preaching against catholic doctrines within the church of England. I’m glad the magical ship dropped us in period clothing but I find this long dress made of homespun scratchy. I hope I don’t need to wear a bonnet all day.” Princess Megan Rose smooths her gown as she speaks.

“To make matters worse at one point early in the 17th century bubonic plague was rampant in London and parliament moved to Oxford to escape it. I don’t know how bad it was in the hamlets and villages in Wycombe District. Any one else know some facts that will help us keep out of prison? Is there a vaccine for bubonic plague? Do we have any way to kill rats?” Apondia complains.

We spend some time discussing our options and how to go about changing our situation. Brother Nature thinks we better spend the next couple hours making contact with the local population. We definitely need a place to stay or a home to use as a base until we get oriented.

Elaine, Elaine, is trying to contact the home office on her gizmo to find out why the ship blew up and left us stranded. Maybe they will send a new ship out until then Lets draw straws and send whoever wins out to make contact, with the local population.

"Maybe that is a bad idea It’s hard to say. We might rescue one person from the locals if necessary but there is no need for all of us to be endangered." Someone else comments. We spend an hour discussing our options and how to go about changing our situation.

Then Andre comes down the nearby rutted dirt path I've been calling a road holding on to the hand of a young boy. I wonder, why isn’t the boy scared of Andre? (To Be continued--maybe! anyway this is my daily 500 words I need to get lunch!)













apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879697-5-Day-Mini-challenge-Lost-in-Time-Voyage-of--Magical-Ship