*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879751-Memories
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1918671
O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi - Hello friends - Welcome - to My first blog. A place to share.
#879751 added April 18, 2016 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Memories


"Old memories are very easy to get, except that once you write about something, you've destroyed it. You no longer have the memory. You only have the memory of what you've written"- Annie Dillard.
Do you agree or disagree? Does this change how you think about using your memories as writing material?

What a fantastic prompt.

I have to say that I both agree and disagree. I written a small amounts of my years that I was blessed with my late husband, Barry. Those memories still burn deep within, and I was glad to share. They were extraordinary with an extra ordinary man. I have not let lose of others because they are quite personal. We had our good times as well as out bad, just like everyone else.

At times I will tend to unlock one or two just to helps me to relive it again. It lets me remember how I felt, what I smelled, saw, and the pain that I felt.

April 25, is almost here. That was the day the Doctor's told me that there nothing more they could do for him, and I had to terminate his life support system.—but I will never forget the times we had together, whether or not I choose write about them.

Sometimes I think it helps, to keep my memories—forever.

Kristina

© Copyright 2016 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/879751-Memories