*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880147-Lists-Day-10-Current-Playlist
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #2072393
The catch-all for items related to and/or inspired by the music that shaped me.
#880147 added April 23, 2016 at 1:39pm
Restrictions: None
Lists, Day 10: Current Playlist.
Wow...so, as far as "Invalid Item goes I'm like two weeks behind pretty much. That's not to say I won't finish it, but when I started slackin' off I didn't expect the past week to suck balls, and I hadn't yet received my notice for jury duty possibly starting on Tuesday (and since I've always managed to somehow avoid it all these years, I have a strong suspicion I won't be so lucky this time around *Rolleyes*). So between this and a few other things I've got goin' on, I've got a lot to catch up on. Good thing I kinda feel like gettin' some stuff done today.

It helped that I woke up not really in a bad mood. Not a great mood, but definitely not dreadful. Opened up iTunes and was greeted by a steady stream of decent music that I didn't hafta click out of, which is always nice. Sometimes iTunes is weird like that when you're set to shuffle...a solid group of songs play and there's like some sorta hidden theme or something. The best way I can address this phenomenon (and I think I've mentioned this before) is by relating this story: I was dating a girl whose parents lived about forty minutes away, deep in a rural community. We drove out to visit, had dinner and drinks by a bonfire, and left around 1am. Dark and creepy as hell in the middle of nowhere...and my iPod kept playing songs that referred to sleep, dark nights, and general creepiness. I think at that point I'd only had about 3,000 songs loaded, but it was still just...random and bizarre.

Anyway, Today's Current Playlist consists mostly of late-90's/early-00's pop-punk rock stuff. Energy and good vibes and shit, mostly. Get out, go somewhere, and play this stuff loud. Or shove some buds in your ears, lay down as still as you can, and play this stuff loud. Whatever you do, do it loud.

1) "Anything"   by Third Eye Blind: After the week I had, I really needed to hear this, I think. Sometimes the universe tells you things and you need to listen.

2) "Hum"   by The Sheila Divine: The singer has ties to WNY, their first cd (New Parade  ) is amazing from start to finish, and you should all love them. Period.

3) "Get Over It"   by OK Go: Before they started making videos on treadmills and stuffed them with optical illusions, there was this. Loud and cranky and badass.

4) "If You C Jordan"   by Something Corporate: Ahhh, teenage power-pop high school angsty bubblegum breakup slush. Catchy as hell for its era.

5) "Walla Walla"   by The Offspring: *Laugh* Because why not? Fast, loud, prison.

6) "Oh Be Joyful"   by Matthew Good: Pure Canadian awesomeness. "Oh, be joyful...'cuz that shit spreads."...how can you not love that?

7) "We've Had Enough"   by Alkaline Trio: Because seriously...I've had enough of everything this week.

8) "Congratulations Smack & Katy"   by Reggie & The Full Effect: The tangled, star-crossed love story of Peanut Butter and Jelly. A Shakespearean tragedy, almost.

9) "Hash Pipe"   by Weezer: A menacing bass groove offset by a garbled falsetto. Acted out by sumo wrestlers. This is the stuff good moods are made of *Wink*.

10) "Where'd You Go"   by J Mascis And The Fog: Awww yeah, my springtime jam y'all. Make some noise!

Bonus track!

11) "Happiness & The Fish"   by Our Lady Peace: This came on while I was in CVS...almost like there was a spiritual connection between my laptop and iPod. And damn if this track doesn't seem to always sum up so much and hit the right spots whenever I hear it.

Ok...that's that. Time to see if I can keep up this momentum...

© Copyright 2016 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/880147-Lists-Day-10-Current-Playlist