*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881130-What-are-we
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#881130 added May 2, 2016 at 10:41am
Restrictions: None
What are we?
Motivation Monday! Monday, May 02, 2016

Legendary guitarist Link Wray was born on this day in 1929, and once said "I'm not the same today as I was in '58, or '59 or even '71." How does not being the same as you were a year, five years, or twenty years ago influence you today?


I went to You Tube to listen to Link Wray. It makes me laugh to think they banned "Rumble" fearing gang warfare. Today we play far worse sounds with Hard Rock and no one yells ban it. Since I just recently finished the book "American Sniper" by Chris Kyle, I wondered if they play "switchblade" in the ears of the Seals when they enter combat. It is a far more ripping sound than "Rumble".

Personally, I think I am pretty much the same core person as I was in my youth. In grade school I spent recesses reading books unless teachers insisted I participate. I preferred inter contemplation to social activity at most ages. I watched, listened and learned as I grew. I lived in a rural location which kept me from regular interaction with other children my own age except during school. Watching the actions of older children and adults made me cautious around all people.

My memory is excellent. The difference between me now and me in 1999 is the fact that attending college at age 55 to 60 filled in the blanks a lot. I not only learned new information and entered the ability to use computers and technological communications, I also was given knowledge that helped me continue to learn. A lot of the dots in my education were connected.

College Algebra was a really special class to me. I had a brilliant older teacher and came out with math knowledge that surprises even me. I found I could do trigonometry even though I have not yet studied geometry. I would like to go further in math. I learn things slowly but, I learn things well. Learning was faster in my youth but had less depth. College was a good place for me because class room teachers can pour a lot of information into you at a speed that is blazing. You can go back later and catch those glitches on your own time.

Psychology 101 tells us that we are what our habitat makes us. However, knowing that, can cause us to reverse, change or even resist what is trying to form our lives. You have to accept knowledge into your life in order to resist the right things. I do not want to go back and change my life. Deep contemplation makes me think I’m where I have to be, to resist whatever needs resistance in this part of time.

If you believe God, you know that humans are more than just an evolutionary compliment to the earth. We are put here to grow in the universe. Humans are more than the destroyers we are accused of being. We do control how the earth is evolving. Sometimes we meddle with the environment in poor ways. Definitely, there are people who are not trying to build up; just trying to drag down. There are also the people who are the scouts for the majority. They are looking for and attempting to put into place the things that will sling our society into a better knowledge core. That will help humans continue to grow and exist.

Researching and delving into history rounds out a persons knowledge of now. History is time traveling carrying us in to the present.

I’m not really different, just older. I’m an old empty container that is now over flowing with contents. Writing is the container overflowing into the oceans of living. Knowledge is the influence of the ages.

This book is a Hoot!

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881130-What-are-we