*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881707-May-8research--May-9Lyrics
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#881707 added May 9, 2016 at 9:02pm
Restrictions: None
May 8/research & May 9/Lyrics
Monday, May 08, 2016 Mothers Day Movie (The Huntsman) and dinner out. We all went to “Friday’s” yum!

A new smartphone video game app has been developed that scientists say will be able to diagnose cases of Dementia and Alzheimer's . What do you think about this? Would you want to know this about yourself or a loved one, even if the research hasn't proven yet to be effective?

What a really interesting question. If it helps someone why not? For Anyone who reads this I am asking a serious question. I went to the app and started playing it. It seems as if this is only valid research. Although when you play they begin on the first game asking you survey questions just 3 at first. I only participated in the first game step so far.

However, I know that survey questions asked in a certain way can uncover and pinpoint a person’s every move in life, your identity, and even where you reside. If this is valid anonymous research it won’t matter. My only concern will be if the information is used in an invalid way.

I was told by a relative that my Dad had Alzheimer before he died. I was also told by my step mother that he was tested but he did not have Alzheimer. Another story was told that Dad had a pace maker that could be turned up or down remotely by the hospital and Doctors who had inserted it because his heart had a habit of beating erratically.

Sometimes, his memory functioned properly and sometimes it did not. These symptoms can be caused by more than one type of physical problem. I was not personally in touch with his Doctors nor would I have been allowed to be in touch with any type of authority so I never looked for any specific information in any official capacity. When Dad died he was in his late 90’s and he had ceased to express care about his life on the earth. Any questions about his health or death will always remain the same part of living that I have experienced before when it concerns family. Just a question without answers.

We are living in “the information age” people with knowledge want to know more. Knowledge is leading people down a path. The path will probably reveal more and more answers and more cures and more and more ways to live longer and healthier lives.

Whether it will involve to much meddling in our private lives or not is going to be a large part of how long it takes to uncover solutions to physical health problems.

Another consideration I thought about with this question is about the actual ageing process. You have to read specific medical manuals or do some deep research to find out information about what to expect during ageing. Does everyone's smile change? How do the motions of your body change? How fast is fast how slow is slow? Is the surface of the body going to change first or the internal organs going to change first? I could go on about these kind of questions but you get the idea. I like knowing when in a medical office I ask questions. My records state that they have to tell me before they tell other members of my family.

So, it is logical for studies to be made about specific instances of the ageing process. Humans study everything!!


Monday, May 09, 2016 K came up with a riding mower so we cleaned up winter yard debre. With both of us running mowers we have a lot of the yard cleared. Meteorologist says rain tomorrow so it will grow back fast.

Let's try something different today...here is a list of famous people who were born on May 9th . Feel free to use anyone from this list (or find someone else on your own) and share a favorite quote, lyric, or piece of their work. Tell us a little bit about it and what you enjoy or how it makes you feel. And...I'll tack on some bonus points when judging your entries if you can name the person I would use (hint: he or she on the HuffPo list).

I’ll answer this one backwards. I think 5sixer would pick Pierre Bouvier?

I am quite taken with Billy Joel at the moment and his song “The Stranger”

There are several parts to the lyrics that are expressive.

“Well we all fall in love,
But, we disregard the danger.”


In another stanza he sings, “don’t be afraid to try again, everyone goes south now and then.”

And the last verse says, “You may never understand how the stranger is inspired, But he isn’t always evil and he is not always wrong.”

Actually the whole song lyrics say a lot really well.

I came from the music era of Bob Dylan and I like music that has rhythm and message. It is really poetry put to sound. And, like poetry it always means something but maybe not the same thing to each individual that hears it.

This book is a Hoot!

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881707-May-8research--May-9Lyrics