*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881951-One-Friend-or-Lots-of-Acquaintances
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#881951 added May 12, 2016 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
One Friend or Lots of Acquaintances

What's more important to you...one or two friends you can tell absolutely anything to, or any number of friends you can see only on certain occasions?


It would be nice to have one or two friends you can tell absolutely anything to. I need to call the people I see occasionally friend as well.

Around here people think you should be involved socially with other people to be (looking for a word ??) (Pinocchio) a real live girl?

Children are into every thing at school. My own grandchildren do 4H, scouts, soccer, softball, and other activities. The whirl is exhausting.

My children also dud some activities such as scouts, softball, and 4H plus church, Sunday School, Bible School. But we never were so involved they couldn't read or ice skate on our little pond or invent games of their own to play. One summer we split into two groups and played capture the flag. I was really bad at this game but I had Blaine (my middle son) on my side so we won sometimes.

The constant activity is over whelming sometimes. In a conversation with a close family member I stated, "I know I'm not socially well rounded any more," the answer was, "Actually, I'm beginning to think your way is better."

It is because in order to be social people are expected to be involved in a lot of activity. When I was younger it wasn't unusual to see the same people at every event over and over. The same people were always the organizers, the workers, etc.

If you back off, take a breather, the social whirl goes on without you well enough. Having one or two good friends is nice. Seeing other people sometimes is nice. And just getting what needs to be done accomplished is nice.

We need social organizations to keep up with the needs that maybe aren't addressed any other way. Like the homeless. People who don't earn enough to feed their family s and other types of problems.

There is a difference in life in a city or even a small town and life in a rural surrounding. You learn to take social activity as it is available or you go out and find it on your own.






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881951-One-Friend-or-Lots-of-Acquaintances