*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882175-The-Olympic-Games-in-Brazil
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#882175 added May 15, 2016 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
The Olympic Games in Brazil

The 2016 Olympic Games are scheduled to be held this summer in Rio de Janeiro, although a series of problems in the host country are threatening to upstage the whole thing. If any of the possible potential catastrophes regarding Brazil's Olympic efforts were to be realized (either there or anywhere else around the world afterwards), how guilty would the IOC (International Olympics Committee) be for not changing the location or protecting the athletes?

5/15/2016 It’s snowing outside today. The apple blossoms are in full bloom. The trees seemed to be pushing their blooming time this year into the latest blooming time for a long time and still they are getting caught in a snow storm. I hope it won’t harm the apple crop.



*CountryBR* YAA! THE SUMMER OLYMPICS *StarW*



The summer Olympics are on their way. I always look forward to the media coverage of the host country. It is a great way to learn geography and enjoy the competitions of the sports. Over the years I’ve kept track of a lot of Olympic news. All sports are apt to attract politics. Look at baseball in the USA. Football, Soccer, Tennis, Horse Racing, all sports get churned in the political barrel at one point. Look at how China was viewed when it was their turn for the Summer Olympics. It was air quality and vandalism that plagued them.

The zika virus is a problem but the truth is I never heard of it before this year. Unless someone purposely sets loose millions of Zika mosquitoes in the Olympic village probably there won’t be much of a problem. As for what could happen at the Olympics this year I don’t know the statistics, but, I bet any thing can happen. With proper security I hope, not much out of the ordinary will happen.

I saw a commercial that has been running on some TV channels. A little girl comes out and says something like this: “You can get hit by lightning in a thunderstorm, but, we go out into the rain anyway.” She goes on with a few other examples, which mean, life goes on, deal with it.

There are about 3 more months until the Olympics a lot can happen before the opening ceremonies. The Olympic games are happening in the Southern Hemisphere; within a country known for its concern for the environment. I don’t see any reason to change it now or move it either. Athletes are preparing now. They will take every precaution I’m sure. Give people some credit.

I would be interested to find out where suggestions to move it would settle? The Olympics has a lot of political pressure when it comes to who gets to hold the games.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882175-The-Olympic-Games-in-Brazil