*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882895-Birthday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#882895 added May 23, 2016 at 11:18pm
Restrictions: None
Birthday
I'll be writing another short entry today, once again time has sped by faster than it should. But, today it was all good, restful, and enjoyable. I celebrated another birthday today. Well, am still celebrating, it's time for cake and ice cream as soon as I finish this entry. The whole day has been wonderful, and thanks go out to my wonderful wife for making the day so great. Also, for the birthday wishes I received here, from all of you.

I actually began celebrating a bit last night. Rhonda and I relaxed with some brandy while we listened, and sang along with, many of our favorite songs. Then it was off to bed; Rhonda was up before me and made sure I would get to sleep in. We had a wonderful morning together, starting with a wonderful gift she had ready for me. Nothing expensive or extravagant, but very wonderful gift, perhaps the best I have ever gotten.

She knows I have a difficult time finding a comfortable robe that fits well. She also knows I tend to get too warm in the heavy, snugly robes that are most common. Some years back, she had found a light, well fitting robe for me, and I wore it to shreds until there was no choice except to discard it. She wanted to replace it, but could not find another like it. But, she wasn't about to let that stop her, she purchased the items she needed and hand made a very comfortable, beautiful, and light robe for me.

We had steak cooked out on the new grill we picked up together a few days ago, after I assembled it. We have a big grill that has served us well for years, but it's just too big for the two of us. So we looked at a small table top style grill, just a simple charcoal type and found one for twelve dollars. It's the perfect size for us, and I was surprised at how well it cooked the steaks; much better than any I have ever cooked on our old one.

It's just been a wonderful day.

© Copyright 2016 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/882895-Birthday