*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883617-WHO-ARE-YOU-TODAY
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#883617 added June 1, 2016 at 9:11pm
Restrictions: None
WHO ARE YOU TODAY?
Blog City image small Prompt: I knew who I was when I got up this morning but I must have changed several times since then.
Do you ever feel like this? 
   

When I’m writing and when I’m reading, I become the characters intensely or just a bit depending on how involved I am with the story. I review quite a number of novels and I try to easily associate with the main characters after five, or twenty, chapters. It’s easy to know if the author has flipped out of their POV or slipped in a passive voice. The self I’m identifying with just fades away into dry narration or suddenly another characters thoughts.

So yes, I change many times during the day depending on the work. When I wake up in the darkness of 4:00am, I quietly know who I am, then remember where I am, since I move around a lot with house-sitting jobs. Sometimes it’s the gentle rock of the boat from passing tenders. Other times it’s the dogs grumbling or barking wherever I’m staying. Then I become the caregiver and coffee maker and the day begins.

I’m reading R.R.Martin’s, Dance of Dragons, which makes me become a different person for each chapter, happily returning to ones I know well.

Isn’t life interesting? Open your mind and enjoy...iggy
*Boat*
banner with iguana
 

© Copyright 2016 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883617-WHO-ARE-YOU-TODAY