*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883697
Rated: ASR · Book · Music · #2084406
My journal of Abba's music, short stories and poems for a contest.
#883697 added July 29, 2017 at 2:43pm
Restrictions: None
Andante
Abba Prompt: Andante

Andante and Ashley had know each other ten years. Andante was adopted by the Westons at birth and Ashley's parents were killed in a car accident. The Westons raised Ashley but didn't adopt her. She was eight years old at the time. Andante was two years older then Ashley and they were good friends. As they grew older, they fell in love and spent a lot of time together. Andante had a band and they played at local nightclubs. He was a good singer and Ashley had written poems that Andante made into songs. A talent scout saw Andante perform at the night club and liked his music and gave him a recording contract. He would have to leave Washington state and move to California. Ashley had mixed emotions.

"I promise you, Ashley I will send for you in a few months. Give me a chance to make some money and get my career started. I love you baby. I want you to be part of this."

"I want to be part of this, too. I am so happy for you. I love you, too." Ashley's stomach felt like the feeling of a thousand butterflies. She feared that she would lose him.

They went to movies, played video games, went out to dinner and he had bought her a purity ring and they promised that they wouldn't make love until they were married.

Andante, Ashley and his parents went with him as he boarded the plane to California. Andante kissed Ashley and promised he would call and text her. With tears in her eyes, he kissed her good bye.

Andante text her and called her every day and told her how much he loved her and missed her. This went on for four months. He called less and texted only and then didn't text or call at all two weeks later. He didn't answer her e-mails. Ashley went to her job at the book store everyday. She saw in a magazine that Andante was becoming popular. He had sent her his CD that came out. The one song was called "Ashley's Love." She hadn't heard from him in five weeks. She was so worried about him. She took a vacation from work and got on a plane to California. She had his address. She was so nervous about riding on the plane . Friendly people were kind to her and she had bought a magazine and Andante was in it. He was hugging a beautiful blonde girl. The article said she was Andante's lover. Ashley was so sad. She couldn't wait to see Andante and straighten this mess out.

Ashley arrived at the airport in Los Angeles and drove a rental car to Andante's place. It was a huge house like a mansion. ANDANTE WAS DOING THAT GOOD? She rang the door and a man in a suit answered the door.

"I am here to see Andante."

"Do you have an invitation?" The man in the suit was unfriendly.

"No. I am his girlfriend from Washington."

"His girlfriend Cherish is here. Miss, you are not his girlfriend and you have no business here. No invitation, you don't get to come in."

Ashley cried. Just then Andante appeared at the door and Ashley hugged him. Andante barely hugged her back.

"Why are you here?"

"I love you and haven't heard from you. I thought you would be glad to see me. Your parents miss you, too."

"That's nice. Ashley, things are different now. I have a new life. We are now just friends."

"What?" she whispered. She started to cry. "Please, don't do this to me. You have a hit song about me. You bought me a purity ring. What has happened to you?"

"Hey! Who is the plain Jane? A country bumpkin?" Cherish laughed.

Ashley has always liked Cherish's music. Cherish hugged Andante and kissed him. Ashley left and she didn't think Andante even noticed. She hated them both at this moment. She drove back to the airport and bought a ticket home. She was heart broken and cried all the way home. Andante's parents were so sad for her and disappointed in their son.

Andante made another hit CD and used Ashley's poems in his hit songs. He thought about Ashley but he was happy with Cherish. Ashley was a very pretty blonde and he was handsome like a God with jet black hair and blue piercing eyes and Cherish was beautiful with red hair and green eyes but a part of him missed Ashley.

Ashley worked at the book store and went to the local college. She wanted to teach English and write. Her heart was still broken. Two local guys had asked her out but she turned them down. She still wore her purity ring.

Andante had a sore throat but it passed and he was doing concerts. His voice gave out one night. The doctor examined him and done tests. Andante had no disease but his singing voice was gone. He would sing a few notes and his voice would crack. His singing career was over. His friends deserted him. Cherish started to treat him differently.

"I don't want a boyfriend who can't sing anymore. I am a Diva and a Goddess. You no longer matter. What a loser. You are am embarrassment!" Cherish threw a temper tantrum.

"You are a bitch! You just want my money and at least I didn't share it with you. You have your own money. I am going home to Ashley, my family and true friends."

Cherish laughed. Andante packed up his belongings and left to go home to Washington. WHAT HAD HE DONE? He still loved Ashley. He did her wrong. He wanted his old life back. He boarded a plane for home. As for the house in California, he had it paid off and three million dollars to his name. He didn't need the money for the house. Screw California, Cherish, singers and all those California people! Good riddance!

Andante was recogonized by everyone and people wanted his autograph at the airport. He heard people whisper that his singing career was over. He was too busy thinking about Ashley. He was glad when his plane landed. He rented a car and headed for the book store. He hoped Ashley would forgive him. He arrived at the book store. He sat in his car and saw Ashley through the window. She looked as beautiful as ever. He was a fool. He got out of the car and slowly entered the book store. Ashley looked up. She saw him. She wanted to run into his arms but stopped herself. Andante approached her.

"May I help you?" Ashley asked.

"Ashley, I have been a fool. I am so sorry. I still love you." He talked in a low voice. "Please, can we talk?"

Ashley nodded. She looked around the store and everyone was whispering. She told Joanie, an employee that she was taking a break. Ashley and Andante went into a private reading room and sat down.

Andante reached for Ashley's hand. "You are still wearing the purity ring. Ashley, my singing career went to my head. I can no longer sing. I have lost my singing voice. My friends left me, my career is over and Cherish. She is a mean, uncaring troll and those people are all such users. I am so sorry I got involved with them. Ashley, I am home to stay. I will never leave again. Please, marry me. I have learned my lesson. I am three million dollars richer for this. I didn't blow my money. I want to buy you that big house you love by Mount Rainer. I drove past it. It is still for sale. I need you. I never stopped loving you. I have never forgiven myself for how I treated you when you came to LA to see me."

Ashley looked into his eyes. This was the Andante she knew and still loved. He was sorry. She had been so lonely. I am your music and your song. Be the velvet of my night. I love you, Andante. I will marry you. If you ever try to leave me again, I will push you off Mount Rainer. I do want that house and you most of all." They hugged for the longest time.

"Have you seen your parents? About your singing voice, are you sick?"

"No. I just can"t sing. Doctors don't know why. I haven't seen my parents. I had to see you first. Let's tell Mom and Dad we are getting married."

Ashley told Joanie she was leaving for the day but some people wanted Andante's autograph. Andante and Ashley went home to his parents who welcomed him with open arms. Andante got his singing voice back but he was done singing. He only sang for Ashley. They lived in their big house by Mount Rainer. Ashley became an English teacher and Andante managed the local night club and later bought it. Andante and Ashley were married and had two children. They lived in Tacoma, Washington and were happy.

Okay. You know I want to go to Forks, Washington some day but I didn't let Andante and Ashley live in Forks. I was afraid I would start thinking "Twilight" and this wasn't about "Twilight" and I wanted to stay on track with my story. Thanks!

Abba Picture.

© Copyright 2017 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883697