*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883893
Rated: ASR · Book · Music · #2084406
My journal of Abba's music, short stories and poems for a contest.
#883893 added June 5, 2016 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
I Saw It In The Mirror
This boy cries. Keith cried when she had broken up with him. She took him back. Nothing changed. They moved in together. He went to Navy Reserves once a month. He didn't have a job. She worked as nurse at the hospital. He bought his friends over to party all the time. He took in a puppy and the puppy messed it all over the carpet. He wouldn't take care of it. Maggie took care of the puppy.

She asked him when he was going to get a job. He told her not to worry about it. He would soon. She loved him so much she was supporting him. He had bought him new shirts, flashlights, camping gear and he had no money for these things The police called her and said her car was at a deserted house and her boyfriend was taking clothes and items. The guy Danny who lived there had moved but left some of his items there. Maggie knew Danny from high school. Keith bought back the items he had stolen and the charges were dropped. She stayed with this loser. She would argue about him getting a job. He kept the house dirty. She would clean it up. She cleaned up after the puppy. Keith used her car all the time and they would fight all the time. One day, he got a job that was an hour away and he and took the puppy and left for two weeks. Maggie waited for him. He didn't call or write a letter. His friends stopped by looking for him. He came home two weeks later. He was packing up the rest of his things and leaving her. Maggie was crying and begging him to stay. He said: " I know you say you love me but I love you too much to go on fighting with you." He kissed her and left.

I saw it in the mirror. Who was I? I should be glad he was gone. but honey I will miss you. Maggie kept working at the hospital. and Keith came back to town but she no longer talked to him. Her heart was mended. She married a nice guy she loved and had a good life. Keith was married and divorced twice and went to prison for theft, drugs and check forgery. No surprise here. Maggie was thankful for her good life with her husband. She could have ended up in prison like Keith. What did she ever see in him? It had been over for years now. She looked in the mirror at a different person now. A beautiful, happy one.

Abba Picture.


© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/883893