*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884059
Rated: 13+ · Book · Philosophy · #2020664
Repository for my Zanier Ideas... on writing, and life.
#884059 added June 8, 2016 at 4:30pm
Restrictions: None
How to contract Novelism
<parable>Once upon a time, Jack was a baby. Jack noticed that all the people around him could move around on two feet, rather than on all four. He tried it and fell. He did this many, many thousands of times before he finally got the knack. Then when he was twenty he read a lot. He wrote and found that his writing wasn't as good as he'd hoped. However, he reasoned that there could be a knack to get, much like when he learned to walk; so he wrote many thousands of pages. In time, he began to catch the knack for that and began to write saleable works.


Jill saw that Jack was writing good stuff, and tried the same. She nearly quit when she noticed that her work wasn't as good as Jack's, let alone those of Hemmingway and Shakespeare, until she happened on a notebook of Jack's first works. She also noticed that he wrote for half an hour a day, always working to write better than the last. She designed her own schedule and began the adventure of novelism.


In time, Jill found herself with six books on the bestseller list, trying to convince herself she's not a hack Inspirational fable, or cautionary tale? You decide.</parable.>






© Copyright 2016 Joto-Kai (UN: jotokai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joto-Kai has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884059