*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884262-Dream-Destination
Rated: E · Book · Entertainment · #1932477
It is a waste to ignore the musings of the mind.
#884262 added June 10, 2016 at 11:17am
Restrictions: None
Dream Destination
DREAM DESTINATION



A dream is an inspiration that drives us to either fulfill it or abandon it. The fulfillment of a dream requires us to be patient, to work hard to attain that dream, and to hold on to that inspiration, even for many more years of hard work, until that inspiration becomes the realization of our dream, to become a published writer.

On the other hand, if we abandon that dream we not only prove to ourselves we lack the passion, the sincerity, the energy to realize that inspiration until we see the fruits of our hard work in terms of a published work. If we allow ourselves to compromise or even to think of making a slight adjustment to our inspiration, then we are admitting we do not have the passion to see the reality of our dream.

At a young age, somewhere between high school and university, I dreamed of going to Nepal. It was a longing that seemed utterly ambitious and unattainable. But my dream allowed me to study and learn more what Nepal is, where it is, how to get there, and when to get there, if I ever will. And when I get there, what to accomplish, to satisfy my curiosity of and what is about Nepal that kept my yearning alive, to see the place.

Shangri-La, in my dream, is a place of peace. It is a land carved out of the highest mountain peak, serene and peaceful. It is my Eden, my paradise, my heaven. It is the perfect place of quiet and solitude, conducive to prayers and clean thinking.

My Shangri-La would be filled with sunshine to warm my heart. It would be a kind of place where reason prevails and angers are forbidden. It would be filled with aura of scents and herbs to cleanse the ills that invaded my whole being.

My Shangri-La would be a place where I can lay down all my troubles, and one by one scrutinize and examine each one with reasonable detail, and then to resolve each one to my satisfaction. It would be a place where physical conflicts are banned from polluting my Shangri-La, where wars are considered evils that tend to disrupt a wholesome way of thinking; and therefore, wars and all their elements of thinking are not, and never should be, tolerated, never mind permitted, to perpetuate my Shangri-La.



© Copyright 2016 elephantsealer (UN: liliapadwes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
elephantsealer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884262-Dream-Destination