*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884284-S-O-S
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2085296
This is a place to keep my entries into the 'Thank you for the music' challenge
#884284 added June 10, 2016 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
S. O. S.
An image for group news



"Sebastian Oliver Stevens! Look at you! I wish I understood how you already look so calm, as though you've been here forever, while I don't even think I'll make it back to the car without crying!" Beth gestured to the 'car', though in no particular direction.

"Oh Mom, I'm going to be fine. You're going to be fine. All parents who drop their kids off at college for the first time feel like this. I'll call you every night, and I'll come home at least one weekend each month. It will be as though I didn't even leave." Bas had a feeling his mom might start to cry, so he wanted her to see him be as brave as he could.

"Where are those happy days? Oh, I shouldn't say that. You know how proud I am of you. You just grew up so fast!" Beth forced a smile, and gently reached up to pinch her tall son's chin. "My little S.O.S., it used to be so good when you were just a baby. Can I change you back into a baby again?" Beth laughed, though her eyes were threatening to expel some tears.

"Mother, you know we're going to laugh at this moment someday. Maybe I'll even tease you about it next weekend when I come home." Bas Laughed.

After a short moment of eye contact, he realized that there were, indeed, tears starting to form in his mom's eyes. He brought his arms around her in a gentle embrace. "Come here, I love you mom. The love you gave me all my life made me into the person I am today. Without all you've done for me and all of your pestering, uh, I mean encouragement..." He waited until he heard his mom giggle at his little joke before he continued. "...Well, I wouldn't have ever made it into college without your support. You're the best mom ever, and I'll be home for a visit in one week."

They pulled apart from their embrace. "I know. I'm so glad you picked a school that's not too far away." Beth wiped away the last of her tears with her sleeve, and made an effort to smile again. She didn't want the last thing he saw on her face to be tears. "So, you'll be alright? You have everything? You know where you need to go on the campus today?"

"Yes, Mom. I'll be fine. When you're gone, I'm going to another orientation meeting, and then I'll meet with Pete for dinner. ...And, I'll call you tonight."

"Okay, are you going to walk me to my car?"

"Yep. You ready?"

"Yes." She managed to say, as they walked across the parking lot.

Beth unlocked the door, and gave her son one last kiss on the cheek along with a long hug, before getting into the car. "Don't forget to call me later."

"I will. Bye Mom. Love you!" Sebastian waved.

"Bye, my little S.O.S.. Love you, too!"

Beth pulled a tissue out of her pocket as she pulled away. It was going to be a long drive back home.



A cNote for one of my shops
© Copyright 2016 Maryann - House Martell (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann - House Martell has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884284-S-O-S