*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884558-King-Kong-Song
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2085296
This is a place to keep my entries into the 'Thank you for the music' challenge
#884558 added June 13, 2016 at 9:57pm
Restrictions: None
King Kong Song
"Jooooeyyyyyyyy!!! It's my turn to play with mom's iPad! You had it for a whole thousand zillion minutes!!"

"Nooooo, Laura! No! We do the Kong Kong song, gotta sing along!"

"Joey! What are you talking about. It's my turn. Please let me have the iPad for a while."

"No, Laura. No. We do the King Kong song, won't you sing along?"

"Fine." Laura rolled her eyes. What's this dumb song. I'll sing along with you, and then it's my turn, okay?"

"Sure! Sure! Listen to the rhythm of the King Kong song, and then sing. Sing, Laura! Sing!" The three year old beamed with excitement as his five year old sister took the iPad.

Laura focused on the screen, and watched A big black wild gorilla walk across as Donkey Kong music played in the background. "Joey, this is Donkey Kong."

Joey's expression hinted of worry. "You'll sing Kong Kong, Laura, right?"

Laura rolled her eyes again, but decided she better make her little brother happy or he'd never give up the iPad.
"Okay, Joey, I'll sing, but you have to dance. Now we can make the jungle out of any old place, so this is what you need to do. You're going to dance, So let your arms hang down And waddle all around."

"Like this, Laura?" Joey stood up and started jumping up and down.

"Yes, that's a good start, Joey, but Can't you hear the beating of the monkey tom-tom? You need to dance like a monkey would."

When Joey moved around like Donkey Kong, Laura started making up a song. *Music1*"My little brother Joey is just dancing around, dancing around. My little brother Joey is like Kong, Kong, Kong. Look at Joey dancing around, dancing around, dancing around. Joey is a good dancer."*Music1*

The two siblings began to have so much fun. Twenty minutes later, mom, who had been watching from the doorway the whole while, walked into the room with her phone in hand. "Come here, you two, I just filmed a great video that I think you'll both really love."
© Copyright 2016 Maryann - House Martell (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann - House Martell has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884558-King-Kong-Song