*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884816-Daily-rabbit-chases-and-other-fun
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#884816 added June 16, 2016 at 9:29am
Restrictions: None
Daily rabbit chases and other fun
Red Dragon





Every once in awhile things go crazy. I was writing along on my keyboard and it just stopped putting out letters yesterday. The mouse worked. So, I logged out. Shut down and started looking for the problem. I reseated the wireless gizmo in the USB port without result. When I turned the keyboard upside down I noticed a little compartment. When I opened it I found two AAA batteries. The batteries have been in it for a couple years. I hunted up a couple rechargeables, which had to be charged of course. It took about an hour. Inserting the batteries was easy and it worked.

By this time I was off on another summer project so I never got back to WDC.

While I sit at the computer I have a view of the back yard where two chipmunks constantly entertain with their lifestyle. They chase each other then spend time stuffing pieces of grass in their cheeks and run up and down the trees. So, much energy to expend. They are very comical.

K has a beagle, Emma, he has trained to hunt rabbits. The rabbits seem to think it is sport. They wait outside for the dog and lead it on long circular runs. When the rabbits get tired they disappear in the horse barn or the garage. If the dog cannot come out for a run, they tease the dogs by running up to the fence in the dog yard or hop by the big picture window in the living room where the cat and dogs sleep on a ledge. Then the dogs run through the house barking. Did you ever here a beagle bay at a rabbit. It is not a noise that is welcome inside the confines of a house. Usually the dogs just want to go out into the enclosed yard to chase the rabbit which they soon find is not there anyway. This can happen several times a day depending on whether the dogs and rabbits are bored or not. *Laugh*

This morning I took Char to the barn with me for morning chores. Two rabbits sat in the foot path waiting for us. Char was on a leash and I would not let him chase the rabbits so they just moved a head of us as we walked, keeping 4 or 5 feet in front. This excited Char but he was very gentlemanly about not being allowed to chase. Just entertainment every day here.

Stop and watch the day go by it's fun.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884816-Daily-rabbit-chases-and-other-fun