*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884846-Tropical-Loveland
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #2085296
This is a place to keep my entries into the 'Thank you for the music' challenge
#884846 added June 16, 2016 at 4:27pm
Restrictions: None
Tropical Loveland
"Sorry, this is the last boat that I have for rent."

Mark's sad expression revealed his disappointment. He watched as another teen climbed into the only boat at the small dock. This Polynesian vacation had been going great, until his parents promised to take the twins to the hulu lesson party at the hotel. He begged them, for what seemed like hours, to allow him to take a boat ride while they were enjoying the 'Beautiful gardens full of Flowers and songs'. His parents only agreed because they know how skilled he is with boats. He spent all of his seventeen years on boats with his family.

"Hey, were you going out alone? I am too. Why don't you come with me?"

Mark was snapped out of his despair by the other teen. The other boy pulled the attached rope, which brought the little boat flush up against the dock, and gestured for Mark to come aboard.

"Yaaass!" Mark's face beamed with a big, sincere smile, and headed toward the boat.

"Just a minute, laddy, sign this waver first, and you're good to go." The boat manager said as reached over to the top of a large cooler chest, and picked up a clipboard full of papers.

Mark signed on the line where the man pointed, and happily climbed into the boat. He extended his hand to his new friend, and chuckled. "Thanks. I thought I was going to have to join my family back at the hula lesson event!

The boy shook Mark's hand and laughed as well. "I hear that. It's the reason I'm here. My fam is also at that event. If I were going to learn to dance, it wouldn't be a hula! I'm Max. I'm actually glad you showed up. I could use the company."

"Glad to meet you, Max. Which way did you plan on going?"

The two boys sat, and Max started tinkering with the motor. "Well, I thought we'd head over that way." The boy pointed to the far off distance on the left. "The boat guy was saying that there's a peaceful little islet not too far away. It's morning now, but we don't have to get the boat back until five o'clock. Are your parents alright with you being gone that long?"

"Sure. As long as I'm back before dinner, they'll be fine with it."

***************


The two teens would Wander along for a full 30 minutes, until they finally found a most spectacular looking atoll.

As they secured the small boat up on the beach, Mark marveled at their surroundings. "I can't even...The grass is mellow and the Sky is blue. The Beaches and sand seem much better here than where we came from!"

"Can I get an amen!" Max chimed in. "This place is mad awesome!"

Max glanced around and spotted something on the beach, and picked it up. "What's this?"

"It's a bottle, and there's a note inside! Open it up, Max!"

Max fumbled with the cork until he got it out of the bottleneck. It took a few shakes, but the small, rolled up note eventually eased out. Max started reading it out loud.

Come to my loveland
We've been waiting for you two
Come to the sunshine


"Dude, that's so creepy. What the hell does it mea...Wow, look, Max!" Mark pointed to a large, painted sunshine at the front of a cave entrance, a short distance from where they were standing.

"Let's go over there and have a look inside." Max put the bottle down, and the two walked over to the cave.

******************


"Mark. Mark!" Max shook Mark to wake him.

"What? What happened?" Mark squinted as he became more alert.

"Don't know. We must have passed out after opening up that bottle."

Mark looked around. The little boat was still right where they left it, though the bottle was gone. In it's place was a small, empty water bottle. The sun was lower in the sky. "Wow, it must be getting late. Wow!" Mark rubbed his eyes. "I had the craziest dream. I'll tell you all about it on the ride back..."



This one is animated
© Copyright 2016 Maryann - House Martell (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann - House Martell has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/884846-Tropical-Loveland