*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885001
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#885001 added June 18, 2016 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
Day 48 Give It A 100 I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool
"I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool". This song was sung by Barbara Mandrell and another version by Dottie West. I love this song. My father was in the Air Force and he and his friends listened to country music and so did my grandmother. When Dad got stationed in Nashville, Tennessee, we were in the music city of the world. So, I was listening to country music in junior high. Glen Campbell's music really got to me love country music. I was a teen-ager and I am listening to Ralph Emery and his country count down songs. I dressed up for school wearing dresses. I didn't wear jeans until my sophomore year. Other teen-agers listened to rock, I was listening to country music.

Grandpa had a farm in Indiana and Mom and I lived with my grandparents, so I was already country and Dad being in the military, I was in between country and city. Since I married a farmer's son, I am pure country and I just go to the city to shop and back home to the country. I wear jeans. Living in a small farm town, we get called Country Bumpkins. Like the song: Were From The Country And We Like It That Way." I always liked the woods, riding on a tractor, county fair, farm shows and if country isn't cool, so be it. I love shopping and nice things but I like living by corn fields and no neighbors except one. I bordered on being a country kid and city kid but I was country. Is country cool now? I don't know but I am happy.

** Image ID #2087468 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885001