*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885173
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2087908
Successfully completed! (April 7, 2016 - July 30, 2016)
#885173 added June 20, 2016 at 9:24am
Restrictions: None
Created: May 8th, 2015 at 8:09am
Created: May 8th, 2015 at 8:09am

Modified: June 4th, 2016 at 2:25am

 
STATIC
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER  (E)
A story to share .
#2041033 by Mary Ann MCPhedran





Paging: Previous Item ·Next Item

Location: My Portfolio

Genres: Other, Family,Inspirational

Access: No Restrictions

<Folder 2086310 my portfolio< link item2041003.>to New Folder, My Short stories..


On Wednesday 28TMy Book Launch r I had book launch, it was my daughter who first

suggested that I bring my books to the attention of the the people in our town Corby, Northamptonshire England. And I decided to let her set it up.

The organising of the event was quite exciting, and I enjoyed the challenge. I made the flayers for the invitations, and deciding what food to provide, my daughter had to remind me it was not a party, and we settled for nibbles, and a glass of wine, such as cheesy biscuits and twig lets nuts .

The Cube is a large building that has lots of venues including our library and this was where the launching of my book Honey Dew took place. I arrived and a few of the guests had already arrived, and Roseanne was glad to see me, because most of them were my colleagues who I worked with before I retired and she was trying to entertain them.
'where have you been?'
'You told me not to come until this time.' I replied
'Well everyone was arriving, and I had to keep saying my mum will be here.'
I guess she was now nervous, and so was I until I saw my local writing group arriving. I had delegated Kath to read my poems.



I mingled amongst my family and friends and I wore a royal blue top with long chiffon sleeves, and black trousers, and everybody remarked how glamorous I looked, and although I say it myself I was confident. I had photo's taken with my friends and family especially my granddaughters.

I had around thirty guests and I sold twenty four books and I gave the writing group a free copy to each member. The night of the event will always be a night to remember.

© Copyright 2015 Mary Ann MCPhedran (cookson2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mary Ann MCPhedran has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.


© Copyright 2016 Mary Ann MCPhedran (UN: cookson2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mary Ann MCPhedran has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885173