*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885320-The-Genius-Idea-and-the-Cult
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#885320 added June 21, 2016 at 9:09pm
Restrictions: None
The Genius Idea and the Cult
Howdy! Me again. *Smile*

I wonder if after 10 days of writing, this blog will become a habit... (Yes, I know I'm supposed to write out the word 10, but I don't want to. Everybody sing *Music1* "It's my blog and I'll do what I want to, do what I want to..."*Music2* lol) Though honestly, I don't know why I entered. Well, I do--boredom and peer pressure. lol But still. There are quite a few entrants now, greatly reducing my chances... So, I just checked out the competition...okay, one look each and to be honest, I didn't even read them all, but in some cases I feel better and in others, I'm more worried. lol If the competition reads mine, I'm sure some will feel one way and some will feel the other as well. Hahaha

Well, my genius strikes again! First, we can now alphabetize our Favorites links for convenience if that helps anyone. (Helps me and at least one other person. lol) Now, me, Sally , and some other folks are batting around my idea of a "Contests Ending Soon" page or calendar or something. I think that would be handy for those bored moments when I want to write something NOW but don't have a specific plan. *Smile*

DOH! LOOK AT THE TIME! (7:22 pm) Off to my cult meeting...

Okay, I'm back. Yes, I said cult and I think it's about time I withdraw. Let me back up briefly. Many years ago a friend told me about a cult she'd been in while living in the Carolinas. She told me how she'd accidentally ruined a man's life and afterward decided to get out.

Fast forward to about a month ago and I met this guy in my apartment complex and he invited me to his place for a Bible study he does with his wife. Not having anything better to do and hoping to make friends while learning more about God, I agreed to attend. While there, I noticed everything seemed to be stamped with the name of what I thought my friend called her cult. They even had a big poster in the living room.

Afterward, I called and asked her and she said it was indeed the same group. She said that they meant well and were generally good people, but not to attend more than 1 thing a week with them and definitely not to attend church services.

Well, today may be my last visit with the cult. I missed last week's Bible study, but since the week before they've instituted speaking in tongues (and interpreting their own speech--most denominations I know say to have another person interpret) and taking up a collection. A collection?!? Really?!? I've been to a LOT of Bible studies in my time and have never experienced that unless we got a meal...and usually not even then. Meh, the Bible study always made me uncomfortable anyway...nothing I can put my finger on, but whatever. Now, how to bow out gracefully...

Alrighty, that's enough for now. I hate to wear out any readers before next time. *Wink* TTFN (Ta-ta for now)

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/885320-The-Genius-Idea-and-the-Cult