*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886166-For-Lack-of-Anything-Better---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#886166 added July 1, 2016 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
For Lack of Anything Better . . .
I noticed I hadn't written an entry in two weeks, so I figured I should write something.

Except I can't really think of anything. Certainly nothing funny, interesting, scary or otherwise.

So what is one to do except write about how I have nothing to write about?

How boring is that?

Instead, I am going to do a copy and paste of some of my favorite Tweets.

Just so you know, some are political in nature. Consider yourself warned.

I wish I had telekinesis so I wouldn't have to get up from my chair to grab the TV remote.

Liberal logic: Criminals want to follow the law, but we simply haven't passed enough, or the right laws. Once we do, they'll be good.

Parenting is 10% planning and 90% frazzled, terrified and instantaneous reaction.

We live in a society where victimhood is the new heroism, and real heroes are considered monsters and/or criminals.

The worst part of finishing the first book in a series is waiting for the next book to come out.

The future is frightening, because it's unknown. But God knows, and is in control. That should be enough for us to quit worrying about it.

"Sometimes we lose things even when we're organized." Timeless wisdom from my 8-year-old son.

I want people to read my writing, not because I'm white, a woman, a mother, or a Christian. I want to be read 'cuz I'm a damn good writer.

I told my son, "A day will come when my very existence will embarrass you." He was genuinely shocked and refused to believe it. He'll learn.

The most important and long-lasting lessons I've learned have come from my failures, not my successes.

I don't like to swear, but there are days when I'm surrounded by such stupidity, I want to scream the kind of profanity that will melt paint.

For too many on the Left, George Orwell's 1984 isn't a novel. It's a how-to manual.

Never confuse silence with approval. Sometimes a person doesn't have all the facts, so to speak too soon is to prove one's own ignorance.

If you don't want an honest answer, don't ask the question.

One of my weaknesses is impatience. I want to know a lot of things, but I don't want to take the time required to learn it.

Complain all you want about how God does things, but since he created the universe and all that's in it, he has the right to make the rules.

The truth may set you free, but not before breaking all your bones, ripping out your guts, and setting you on fire until only ash remains.

If you want compassion, be compassionate.
If you want respect, be respectful.
If you want to be heard, listen.

A profound truth I discovered as I grow older:
Smile more. Your face sags less.





© Copyright 2016 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886166-For-Lack-of-Anything-Better---