*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886266-Bosco-The-Llama-Comes-to-the-Farm--A-childrens-Story
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2088681
My work for my team, House Martell
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#886266 added August 8, 2017 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Bosco The Llama Comes to the Farm ♥ A children's Story.♥
Bosco Comes to the Farm


A new animal arrived at Jim Baker's farm. The other animals stared at his long neck, large, banana-shaped ears that turn inward, and his bulging eyes that stared directly at you. He was put in a pen next to ten alpacas.



“Who are you?” Asked Alice, a small alpaca. “You kinda look like me.”

“My name is Bosco, I'm a llama, and I don’t look anything like you.” He huffed, ready to spit at her, then thought better of it.

“If you're going to be all high and mighty, then fine, be by yourself.” Alice huffed, and ran off to be with her Alpaca friends.

The pen on the other side of Bosco housed the goats, and Gloria came trotting over to check out the new arrival. “Hey there, who are you? You look upset.” She cooed, trying to make Bosco calm down.

“I miss my other home, there I was by myself with nobody to bother me, and I want to go back. Here I feel surrounded by different animals I don’t even know, and not sure I even like.” Bosco looked around. He saw a herd of large animal in the pasture across from him. “W-what are they?”

“They’re just the cows who are friendly enough, but watch out for the bull, Boris.” Gloria warned.

“What does he look like?” Bosco looked around, wondering how scary he must be. When he spotted a huge animal with a wide chest, pawing the ground, looking angry about something, blowing through his nose. “Is that him?”

“Yes, there he is! He is unhappy about being put in a pen by himself, away from his lady cows. He likes being with his own kind.” Gloria shook her head and looked over at Boris. “Right now, he's scares me.”

“Hey, I’m supposed to be the scary one, I was bought to keep the coyotes away from eating you guys.” Bosco said, his head held proudly, looking down at her.

“Don’t you look down at me!” Gloria huffed. “I can take care of myself.”

“Can you kick sideways?” Boscoe asked.

“Sorta, not too well though.” Alice looked up at Bosco. "Can you kick sideways?”

Bosco showed her how he kicked sideways. Alice The Alpaca was impressed and yelled over. “You can protect me anytime.”

Bosco turned to look at her. “I can do that. You’re quite small, so I’ll take care of you.”

Alice walked away, her head held high, proud she won him over to her side. Gloria called, “I think you made a friend.”

“I feel bad I was so short with her at the beginning. I was just upset about the move.” Boscoe hung his head. At my other home, all I had for company was one donkey and two geese.

“Ooh, I would be soooo lonely!" Gloria said. "So show me what else you can do to protect us."

Bosco screamed on top of his lungs, sounding a lot like a horse's scream when they're frightened. Boris the bull looked over at him. “What’s with all that caterwauling?”

“Never you mind, I’m just showing what I would do if a coyote tried to get you or any of these other animals.” Boscoe held his head proudly, and looked down his nose at Boris.

“You, going to protect me from a little ole coyote, that’s a laugh!” Boris strutted around his pen.

“Well, my other owner called me his Kung Fu animal, I can kick sideways, backwards, and shove the predator hard with my front legs by standing up on my back legs. I can do plenty of damage just by myself.” Bosco bragged.

“You are a proud animal, and I respect that, but don’t you know now that we can be stronger together than apart. When we are turned loose in the big pasture, it's 'United we stand, divided we fall.' That's our motto. Just saying.” Boris blew through his nose once more and stared at Bosco.

“You know, you are not such a bad fellow after all. I have to learn not to judge before I know who is who. You're big, and you do look mean, everyone gets scared of you. That's good, have the predator think twice before they attack us. You know, I think I'm going to like living here after all.” Bosco turned to face all his companions, smiling a cheeky grin. They all smiled back at him.

734 words
© Copyright 2017 Jeannie Cheering for Martel (UN: sjs55049 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeannie Cheering for Martel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886266-Bosco-The-Llama-Comes-to-the-Farm--A-childrens-Story