*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886447-Mindfulness-Watch-What-You-Think
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#886447 added July 4, 2016 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
Mindfulness Watch What You Think!
Fairy playing a flute Today's Tea is Pomegranate Raspberry Green


Monday, July 04, 2016
Motivational Monday!

Rube Goldberg was a cartoonist and inventor, and he was born on this day back in 1883. He's best known for creating complicated drawings and gadgets that perform mundane tasks. Tell us about a time where you intentionally made something harder on yourself to do...be it a task, a project, or even an interaction with someone (if applicable). What made you do it, and how did you get through it?


Wow! This is both easy and difficult. I grew up without a mother. When I spoke at all it was usually to speak the truth about something I heard or saw. Like the little boy in the “Emperors Clothes.” Later having become a Christian, I believed Jesus.

I was always reading something. My Guitar teacher told me I had been influenced by my reading habits.

One of my Grandmothers told me she did not understand who I really was until later in my life and hers. In my early 20’s I spent a lot of time with her and she told me things other family members did not want me to know. (Aw w, family mysteries, what a bummer).

My Dad and two of my uncles took me aside and told me things the family did not deem it necessary to tell me when I was a youth, just before they died. Did they tell the truth? My job was to live with the tales and watch life unfold.

In my own search for truth I have learned to try to tell the truth. Sometimes, it’s a whole lot easier to lie. People who know me have tried to trick me into believing lies. So, sometimes I have made bad decisions but, as I age I realize telling the truth is like throwing a pebble into a pond it always makes waves that ripple out beyond where you can see.

My living experience as a mother without a good education has affected and infected my own children. Life doesn't stop when you become a mother and raise children. Mother's are growing, learning and changing even as their children are becoming adults.

So, at sometime I learned enough Bible and enough about the life of Christ to make an informed decision and I decided to try to always tell the truth. That is the crisis part where I made it harder for myself. Sometimes I don’t know what the truth really is so I try to find it. (Ha! Not always possible.) What made me make the conscious decision? My experience with both truth and lies. Truth straightens things out. Lies create shadows to hide more lies but it entangles the person who told the lie and others. Truth makes trouble but, then it actually works an advantage, like harvesting a good crop of tomatoes if you fertilize at the right time. I've become neutralized, less apt to make quick decisions.

Also, I am often subject to what some one else thinks the Bible says without delving into its real ability to reveal the history of the earth, science, and humanity.

After enough study, I’ve decided my experience with life simply isn’t unusual. It is more normal to this part of the country than abnormal. I have studied music theory, guitar, farming, horse master ship, dog grooming, journalism, fiction writing, biology, and a few I can’t remember to name today.

As for this country? The United States has to be a very complicated place to make and keep law within because of the diversity of the people who are citizens. Constant education and balance is the only way to keep it together. People who consider them selves legal citizens need to understand the USA. I don’t think the terrorist understand real freedom or God either. Since God chose Israel, gave Christians the Son, and gave the Muslims their own religion for His sake.

All life is a balancing act.



© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886447-Mindfulness-Watch-What-You-Think