*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886513-Day-1237---July-5-2016
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1918671
O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi - Hello friends - Welcome - to My first blog. A place to share.
#886513 added July 5, 2016 at 1:24am
Restrictions: None
Day 1237 - July 5, 2016
DAY 1327 July 5, 2016


How do you feel about firework displays? Professional or Amateur? How do you feel about the latest trends with music? Are they popular in other parts of the world or is it just an US tradition? If so tell us about them.

1. Firework displays: personally I love them. As a kid growing up, I lived about 2 blocks from Bakersfield College. Every year they would put on a show. It was big, spectacular, and wonderful. Every year after my dad's BBQ we would gather on the front lawn with own fireworks and homemade ice-cream that my dad put together. Each year we all took turns choosing a flavor.

When I grew older and married, my husband and I bought a home in the same neighborhood. The same distance from the College. We carried on the tradition for our kids. My kids and grandkids carry on this same tradition. The only thing missing, besides my husband of course, are the College Fireworks. The fire department suspended that a few years ago. They claimed it something to do with safety. I don't remember any problems. I think it had more to do with money. We still gather on the front lawn with homemade ice-cream, set off our fireworks to share with the neighbors as they share with us.
Happy 4th of July

2. Music - On this subject I can only give you my preference. I like country music - only. Artists from several different countries help to make it popular. I pay attention to the song not necessarily the artists. I think that it appeals to many different people.

© Copyright 2016 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886513-Day-1237---July-5-2016