*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886524-Celebrations-Take-Many-Forms
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#886524 added July 5, 2016 at 6:31am
Restrictions: None
Celebrations Take Many Forms

A signature owl

Talk Tuesday!

How hard is it for you to get back into the swing of things after a long weekend?


It seems to me that once you are retired you are always on a long weekend. I have creatures who live with me, so, no matter what the holiday; feeding , cleaning and providing comfort for them becomes a routine.

This weekend we spent cleaning out hay storage areas, mowing lawns (k), and I watched the hay field go down. We had help getting in hay this year and the help wanted to hay on the 4th. The help was a blessing since yesterday the hay on our own field was put in for an entire winter's season. And, the help also received some hay to get through the winter.

People and communities around us use fireworks on the 4th. The booming and bang of the holiday goes into the night and unsettles any animals, those in the wild as well as pets and farm animals. Routine is a good settling act for them.

My son's family was here to put in some hours filling the barn. Now we are into the work week again.

Last evening we watched the celebration on PBS that comes from Washington D.C.

If we have appointments in the morning. We often rest in the afternoon so its, business as usual. when morning hits. For me, it isn't so much getting back in the swing after a long weekend it is more like stopping long enough to enjoy a break from a well formed routine. *Smile* Tell me how you enjoyed your July 4th even if it was in another country that does not celebrate the 4th as Independence Day.

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886524-Celebrations-Take-Many-Forms