*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886848
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#886848 added July 8, 2016 at 3:09pm
Restrictions: None
Creating Characters
Prompt: There is a character hierarchy where not all characters are created equal. They indicate place holders, walk-ons, minor characters and your lead characters create the story. I'm curious, how do you measure the importance of each character before the story develops or does it just fall into place? I'm a poet trying to learn more.

In my Vandy, the vampire novel, I wanted my lead character to have this vampire boyfriend Lucien but when I wrote that Marcus one of the members of the ruling vampire family met Vandy, he flirted with her and fell in love with her and I liked him so well that I made Marcus her boyfriend and Lucien the enemy vampire who had was using Marcus' mean sister Siren and werewolves to go after Vandy and Marcus' family took care of Lucien. I CAN TAKE A BREATH! I added some descendants for Vandy {she is 300 years old} and she had family in Romania still.

"Passage To Romance", my character Sheridan goes back to the past on a pirate ship and meets the Lord of the Manor and falls in love with him. I wrote about the maid Jessica who was her friend and mentioned her boyfriend Murray. If I wrote a sequel, I would give Jessica a longer role.

"Princess Of Scruples" I added pirates and the one pirate Angelo I wrote with my male friend in mine by the same name. The Princess was from a gypsy family because she was illegitimate and I wrote about her gypsy family and twin sister. I added her Aunt Levina who was the Gypsy Queen.

I get a story in mind and add characters and may change their story as I write them. My husband says I can't change horses in main stream and he can't believe how I change my characters. He just knows about tractors and has been offered a job writing tractor articles and he says he is no writer. The Editor told him to get me to help him. I would but tractors make for boring characters!! I change my mind and add characters as I go. I guess I make up it as I go along. I never know what characters I will come up with. I am a CHARACTER and I know some CHARACTERS! Thank goodness for writing!

** Image ID #2087468 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886848