*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886853-Im-so-tired-of-talking-Where-is-the-actionable-progress
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#886853 added July 8, 2016 at 4:33pm
Restrictions: None
I'm so tired of talking. Where is the actionable progress?
Notebook post after the unarmed deaths of two black men and the Dallas shooting of a dozen police officers:

"Note: The world has always been violent and ugly. But wh..."

The world has always been violent and ugly. But why in the age of so much technical and social progression do we still feel like we're being left behind? Possibly because our country isn't even 300 years old yet. We're still a baby compared to every other nation. But that's no excuse.

I don't think our problem is lack of 'thinking' but simply lack of 'DOING'. We all think and talk and protest and etc. but few of us show up to the polls when it's time to elect senators and congressmen.

Few of us hold our elected officials responsible for getting laws passed quicker and more efficiently.

Few of us take the time to better our own small communities. A lot of us just sit around and wait for change to happen instead of actively being the change we want to see...or so I believe.

I'm committed to calling a local contact this weekend and helping to get a local chapter of YWCA off the ground, ASAP.

© Copyright 2016 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/886853-Im-so-tired-of-talking-Where-is-the-actionable-progress