*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887363
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#887363 added July 14, 2016 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Day 74 Give It A 100 Dress Crisis, Trip To The Fabric Shop
My mother is making me a 1920's dress for the 1920's Tea and I am going as Lady Mary Crawley of "Downton Abbey." It has a bodice and a skirt and a train. The dress will be purple with lavender glitter. The bodice has snaps and looks like what they wore years ago. I am not doing snaps and corset style. My mother and I went to the fabric shop and I found a nice blouse that will go with the skirt and I think my problem is solved. Maybe I should have rent a 1920's dress but I think it will be alright. My mother is a good seamstress and she should have been a professional. I lack this talent. I know she will do a great job.

A young teen-age girl was with her mother and had beautiful navy blue material with lace. The girl is very pretty and I asked her what the occasion was. She is in a pageant. I remember pageants. I was in a few myself when I was in high school. I remember seeing her picture in the paper. She is in The Miss Blueberry Pageant. The dress is the color of a blueberry. The Blueberry Pageant is a festival with flea markets, singers, games, carnival and everything is blueberry ice cream, donuts, pancakes, shakes, ice cream and all kind of blueberry foods. It is a big deal around here. I wonder if all the contestants wear dark blue dresses. The material was beautiful. The material would be good for a Prom dress as well. I will be reading the paper and see if this young lady is chosen as Miss Blueberry. She does have the look for it.

So this was my day. My husband's supper was late but I was in crisis and he understands. The 1920's Tea will be a big event for me. I am looking forward to it.

** Image ID #2087468 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2016 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887363