*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887752-Just-Being-Me
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#887752 added July 18, 2016 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
Just Being Me

Motivational Monday!

One of my all-time favorite quotes is from Hunter S. Thompson ..."Buy the ticket; take the ride." For added context, go here . How much does "Buy the ticket; take the ride" apply to you? Are you a "get what you signed up for" type? Or someone else?


To use a cliche', I've always felt comfortable in my own skin. Over the years, I've pursued other people's gossipy comments to discover the reasoning behind the why's of, I don't fit in. I finally decide I am what I am take it or leave it. *Laugh* *Angelic*

I read a little of Hunter S Thompson's biography on Wikipedia. He lost a parent. Some children who lose a parent really lose both parents, since single parents raising a child can lose sight of the child in the everyday path of keeping life together, for more than one person.

Independence is a characteristic of children left on their own to grow up. I bet a lot of children have that independence in the USA because of War's. Schooling and food is provided but not always guidance in the way society actually works, which can be a real detriment to mental growth if you are expected to comply with the rules and regulations. My teachers from 1999 to 2005 went out of their way to explain that teaching and subjects in schools is far different today, than it was when I was growing up, in this country.

Actually, I never heard of Gonzo Journalism. I don't think it would have been approved in the School of Journalism I studied.
The style definitely draws in the reader. I wonder what publishing companies approve it and use it in reference to news publishing. It might give a handle on the presidential election or present violence in the USA. I need to do more research on this subject.

The fact that he committed suicide would be where I would ask the Why!?

To end this meandering piece of writing I turn to a news conference in Louisiana about the recent shootings. One of the comments made me realize, many people are beginning to think the same way. The comment was, "The Killing has to Stop." If only wishing were or emphasis were enough, then the killing could be contained.

I'm struck by the fact society in lots of countries is being taught to be constantly unguard in ways they never knew they should watch for danger. Another comment by a policeman in France. "There are a lot of ways besides guns that people can be killed." Another policeman from France made a comment that they should have taken the surveillance more serious. My mind reached out to that particular officer in hopes that someone can give him comfort; considering years of relative stability in any country do not teach anyone to expect the terrorist to find an unexpected weapon to slaughter innocents.

Don't turn away from what is happening in the world. Learn to be observant. It will help someone in the long run have a better life. Don't think of it as a downer to hear about the shootings but, as a warning about what we hope is not around the next curve in the road. Look at the way whole cities in the last 10 or 20 years have been reduced to rubble by guns and bombs. How many people are already living in tent camps without any real security. It is just hitting Europe and the Americas now. We have been protected up until now. We need to help each other stay safe.


This book is a Hoot! Quote: from John Vance Cheney (1848-1922)

The happiest heart that ever beat
Was to some quiet breast
That found the common daylight sweet,
And left the Heaven the rest.


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/887752-Just-Being-Me