*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889071-Backpacking-Europe-Day-2
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#889071 added August 2, 2016 at 5:26pm
Restrictions: None
Backpacking Europe: Day 2
Tuesday, August 2, 2016

9:00 AM arrived in Madrid, backpack stored in locker, medication placed in purse so that I have it with me when I go to eat. I wonder what time or what day it is back in Las Vegas, not that it really matter because when I go to call home I will wake someone up in the middle of the night. I can work across time zones in America, but it is more difficult for me to figure out what time it is in the United States when it is 9:00 AM in Spain. Oh well, my friends and relatives will just have to forgive me if I wake them up or cuss at me whichever the feel like doing.


A light breakfast is fine with me. I have a very loose definition of breakfast, which does not include meat as a necessary item. The three things that breakfast must include is coffee (preferably hot and strong), juice (not particular what kind as long as it cold), and some sort of sweet item. The toast and jam looks good. I do not consider breakfast as the most important meal of the day, so I eat whatever is offered and usually do not comment unless the jam is exceptionally good or of an unusual type.

I enjoyed the museum tour. I am not an art critic, but I do know what I like. My favorite painting was The Adoration of the Shepherds by El Greco. There was something about that painting that drew me into it. Perhaps it was that Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus were the focus of the shepherds praise.

I survived the Segway Tour of Madrid, all though I suspect I might wish that I had brought my pain medication with me. And then again I might not need them because I may be so tired when I go to sleep that I will just fall into dreamland without any problems. I have always wanted to ride a Segway, so touring Madrid was a good introduction to that transportation method. My favorite part of the tour was seeing the entire city from the park. I enjoy parks because they have natural beauty and to be able to see a city of stone from a park gave me a feeling a awe. Because it combined nature beauty with human created beauty.

I enjoyed the food, especially the cheese. I love cheese but normally do not eat a lot of cheese. However, since I am in Spain I focused on tasting the different cheeses and other foods. Since I wanted to enjoy the taste of the food without the distraction of soft drinks I chose water. I normally drink juice or soda with my dinner, but when I go out I will order either coffee or just water because I prefer to enjoy the taste of the food. There are exceptions to this choice because I like to experiment with different taste combinations.

© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889071-Backpacking-Europe-Day-2