*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889079-Amazing-Sites
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#889079 added August 2, 2016 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
Amazing Sites
This book is a Hoot!

In this email, I have given you the day's itinerary, your task is to check out the links and talk about what you've seen, what you liked and what you've eaten. Happy Blogging!

Quote for the Day:

"When I left Barcelona, staying in Spain was an important factor in my decision to join Madrid. I did not have to change country or learn a new language, adopt a different sort of lifestyle, and so on."
Author: Luis Figo


What I saw? What I liked? What I ate?


Las Musas Hostel:

The locker held all my things. I quickly transferred a few items to my day pack, locked up everything else and was off to new adventures. I hope if I sleep in a room with bunk beds I get a top bunk. I looked around it is really nice here. Not to many people but enough to get acquainted with other adventurers if we have time to just chill out later. Was someone cooking paellias in the kitchen?

11 a.m.

Time for the skip the line tour at Prada Museum. The tour takes about 1 and 1/2 hours. I learned the following facts on the tour:

King Charles III, was a ruler who attempted to upgrade Spain with enlightened thinking. He was a very intelligent man, who was able to weaken the hold the church had on the country and put some modernization into affect. One of his achievements was the building of the Prada Museum. It is one of the most successful museums in the world. I thought the building was very impressive. I liked wandering down the main hall looking at all the famous art works. I could probably spend a lot more time here if I did not have so much to see this month.

I was interested in Goya’s apparent negative feelings about war and how they had an effect, on his emotional state; which showed itself within his artistic works.

Another painting, that I viewed with some curiosity was Roger Van Der Wayden’s, oil on oak panel, which was called “The Decent From the Cross.” I recently watched the movie, “Risen.” The art work and one of the scenes, from the movie, are similarly portrayed.

3 p.m. Segway Tour:

Did you know Seg came from the word Segue which is a musical direction, that involves a smooth movement of notes from one musical part to another musical part? The fact that I could ride a Segway is just so exciting to me. I have always wanted to ride one. Now, I know they are self balancing and are from a factory in the USA. Our group rolled down streets with shops on both sides and gorgeous flag type awnings that helped keep the sun off the shoppers. We rolled over the Arganzuala foot bridge. Honestly, I had no idea how beautiful this city is; the views on this tour, from heights in the park showed the many ancient cathedrals and other buildings. The royal palace is a sight to behold. And, did you like the Egyptian buildings that were gifted to Spain? The Segway tour will remain a favorite with me.

7 p.m. Walking food Tour:

This tour started at the Statue of Isabella. I can only exclaim Yay food! Did you know Spain makes the best olive oil? I go out of my way to buy Spanish olive oil for my kitchen at home.

The history lesson provided by the guide was very helpful. It would be great to spend some time taking a cooking class while I am here. While we moved from restaurant to shop, we were able to taste many tapas. Some of my favorites were Jamon Queso y Chorizo, which was a ham, cheese and Spanish sausage served with bread. Another tapas I could not get enough of was different cheeses served on sticks with olives. There were also pieces of beef served with sweet potato and Banenillas (pickles, onions, with peppers served on skewers. I am looking forward to learning to make paellia at home.

What a good start to this trip. I took pictures so I won’t forget all the lovely sites I visited today. Now it’s back to the hostel to compare notes with others on the trip.

Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for participating in the August 2015 30-Day Blogging Challenge annual Summer Camp! Hope you had a good time!

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889079-Amazing-Sites