*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889508-Monaco
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#889508 added August 8, 2016 at 12:11pm
Restrictions: None
Monaco
August 8th Hello Monaco and a bit of luxury at the Fairmont Monte Carlo. 12 Avenue de Spélugues, Monaco MC 98000.
http://www.fairmont.com/monte-carlo/
We get to leave our luggage with the concierge while we head off to the Japanese Gardens, they are within walking distance of our hotel.
https://www.viator.com/Monaco-attractions/Japanese-Gardens/d949-a13697?pref=02
Monaco is tiny measuring 2 miles long and little over half a mile wide, so you can certainly walk around it in half a day! That means you won’t be spending any money on cab rides and you get your exercise for the day. Monaco is built on a steep hill but there are all these crazy public elevators you can take to get up and down. It’s a weird place, let me tell you but a long of fun.
Okay, we're off to the Oceanographic Museum
https://www.viator.com/Monaco-attractions/Oceanographic-Museum-Musee-Oceanograph...
and then to the zoo. It's unusual because it is a vertical zoo going up the side of a mountain where the Prince's Castle sits at the top. The view of the city is incredible as you walk and see the different exotic animals accumulated.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g190409-d4346904-Reviews-Jardin_de...
You can’t leave Monaco without seeing the Prince’s Palace. Walk up the hill to the top for the best views over Monaco and watch the Changing of the Guards performed at 11:55am each day.
We'll be having a light lunch here before we take in the different shops on our stroll back. Yup, its a walking day. There's a lot of high-end label stores to check out and see what the rich and famous are buying. Maybe you'll cross paths with one.
There is a rooftop swimming pool with amazing views if you're not in shopping all the high end shops.
Dinner at 7:30 at La Note Bleue
A Piano bar where we can kick back and if we want walk along the beach.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g190409-d2292056-Reviews-La_Note_B...

Fairy playing a flute
Quote for today: “I must hurry back to my house and my flowers in Monaco”. Lillie Langtry
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/lillie_langtry.html

References:
https://www.google.com I looked at pictures here of the zoo, the Japanese gardens, and the aquarium by putting in each title in the search.
https://www.Fairmont.com
I also used the links from the prompt.

Today I went shopping for a top and a large new colorful scarf to go with my new Linen slacks I bought in Spain.*TieDye3* All these wonderful stops are so far, requiring more than the hiking clothes that are my staple wear. Now I have an outfit both casual and dressy for dining and walking through exhibits.Definitely, I want to spend time in the spa.

Princess Margaret Memorial Park and Japanese Gardens are planted with succulents from many areas of the world.. Succulents are plants found in arid places that only see water occasionally. They are plants with fat stems or leaves that hold a lot of internal moisture. A good example is Aloe Vera.

There are Japanese sty;e buildings, walkways across waterways, koi and ducks, in the ponds, raised plant beds in the ponds, Japanese sculpture, rock pathway crossings, waterfalls, and other beautiful parts of the gardens. Even as a municipal park it would be a good place to meditate or practice mindfulness.

The Oceanographic Museum was also a peaceful special exhibit. At one time it was directed by Jacques Yves Cousteau. Situated on the side of a cliff it presents lower rooms that show an exhibit under the ocean that adjoins the cliffs of Monaco.

Prince Albert collected many of the exhibited fishes. There are 4000 species exhibited in this museum. One of the rooms is dedicated to the scientific display of skeletons. Creatures of the deep who have given their bones to the understanding of their physical forms.

Another room has a gigantic Octopus dangled from above. As tourists walk through the room the massive tentacles reach toward the spectator in interesting poses.

Glassed habitats hold Giant Tortoises. The museum is another marvel of mankind.

Even though there are elevators there are also lots of rock staircases. I am definitely getting a lot of exercise today. Hugh, massive doors are at the entry to the Musee Zoological, (Zoo). The Prince's palace rises above the exhibit. The habitats are not as large as ones seen in Montpelier Zoological. Animals seem adequately cared for and cleanliness is evident. Creatures seemed as curious about the visitors as tourist were about the animals.

Evening lighting shows the Prince's Palace like a building made of gold. Inside are lush carpets and famous expensive artwork exhibited in gold frames. The floors are polished to a high shine that can throw back your reflection as you walk across them. I’m astonished by the splendor of Monaco. I could not live in this type of monetary expenditure. I would feel guilty for the starving populations of the world. Although, I am sure Monaco gives adequately to different needy funds.

At the end of the day I find my way to La Note Blue. Many of the group are lounging there on the terrace, watching the sun go down. There is Prosperous snow, Blue moon, Sandra Lyn, Carla, Princess Megan Rose, Sally waves, SB Musing Minx, Panda Paws and Wakeupandlive~into summer.

Besides tapas I ordered a watermelon plate and shared it since it was so large. There was half a watermelon on the plate. Family groups with children lounged over dinner. It is quite a laid back lounge. I soon walked back to the Hotel for an early evening. I have to keep up on my rest or I will be down with fatigue.

Tomorrow is always on its way.

This is camping? Merit Badge in Blog Camping
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for participating in the August 2015 30-Day Blogging Challenge annual Summer Camp! Hope you had a good time!













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889508-Monaco