*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889587-helicopter-rides-automobiles-and-Nice
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#889587 added August 9, 2016 at 11:40am
Restrictions: None
helicopter rides, automobiles, and Nice
We're having breakfast at the hotel before we head off to Prince Rainer's Antique Car collection
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g190409-d4952787-Review The_Private_Collection_of_Antique_Cars_of_H_S_H_Prince_Rainier_III-Monte_Carlo.html
We're going to have a light lunch at the hotel before we're off on a scenic 20 minute helicopter tour to Nice.
https://www.viator.com/tours/Nice/Scenic-Helicopter-Tour-from-Nice/d478-5581HELI... we're going to do a bike tour of Nice
https://www.viator.com/tours/Nice/Nice-City-Bike-Tour/d478-5294NICE
iscover the best parts of the Côte d'Azur capital during a Nice bike tour with a local guide. Cycle though the picture-perfect city past charming city squares, grand boulevards and sandy beaches. See the city's famous Belle Époque architecture, Baroque churches, trendy bars and busy cafes. With a knowledgeable guide and a bike, you'll see parts of Nice that most people miss. Highlights Three-hour guided bike tour of Nice See Promenade des Anglais, Hotel Negresco, Place Massena, Nice Old Town and Market, Place Garibaldi, the port and more Hear interesting facts and stories about the attractions Discover hidden spots, little alleys and Nice's unique atmosphere read more about Nice City Bike Tour - Nice | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Nice/Nice-City-Bike-Tour/d478-5294NICE?pub=vcps
The helicopter pilot is going to return us in time for happy hour at the Brasserie de Monaco.
http://www.brasseriedemonaco.com/
Located down on the harbour, this cool little spot serves homebrewed organic beers and if you get there between 5pm and 8pm, you can also enjoy 50% off the price! Yep that’s 2 euro for a half-pint and 3 euro 50 cents for a pint!
Dinner is at Il Terrazzino a mix of Italian and Mediterranean at 8:30 pm
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190409-d1579959-Reviews-Il_Terraz...
Did you see who's there???

We leave at 8:00 am to Florence, it's a 2 hr. train ride.

Quote: (French ) La Vie ce n`est pas d´ attendre que les orages passent, c´est d´apprende `a danser sous la pluie.... Life is not waiting for the storm to stop, life is learning to dance in the rain. (English translation) I hope I spelled the French properly since I don't write French.*RollEyes*

I did view some of the automobiles in this collection but soon lost interest. K would like this and my son and daughter-in-law would be enthused. I just like an automobile for its ability to keep running and get me where I’m going.

The helicopter ride was fun. The one we took from Monaco was a bright cheerful sleek machine. https://www.helicopter-saint-tropez.com this black one looks a lot like a black dolphin. It is another tour rental. The machine reminds me of the black state police copters that buzz the area once in awhile. Looking at Nice from above is very interesting. The views of the beaches along the Riviera are exceptional.

Nice, as the capitol of the Riviera is a beautiful city. The bicycles were electric like the ones in Montpelier. We rode to beaches, parks, plazas, Barouche parks, down medieval alley ways, saw the promenade des anglais, also, rode past the Hotel Negresco which we viewed from the helicopter. I really liked the old town and the market where you can sample all kinds of local produce. The Collins which is an old Chateau was fun to explore. Plus, we saw the beautiful Port.

There are several special bike tours from Nice. One is for the vineyards, another tours the Riviera, a different on takes you into the countryside of southern France.

I did skip the brewery, La Brasserie. It deserves a mention however, because, it is a very old brewery. The building itself is an admirable sight.

Instead, I wandered in the markets for awhile. Quite a few of our group met up at the restaurant for dinner. Where we exclaimed over the days sights. Many of them were impressed with the brewing methods of La Brasserie. I ate salad with pasta and fish followed with melon for dessert.

In all these adventures I like the fast trains that take us onward, the architecture that seems to be able to withstand weather and wear, and the tolerance of the people who deal daily with curious tourists who just want to experience the ages.

The telling of this seems short, but the actual picture taking and viewing took up a lot of the day. I found another book in one of the shops. It is an old book with maps of the area. I think I will go back to the hotel and spend some time this evening looking it over. Tomorrow I need to find a guide who can tell me how to forward it home.

See you later alligator.

https://www.tripadvisor.com was another reference besides the ones included with the prompt.
http://multilingualbooks.com/wp/soundandvision/frenchquotes-proverbs-english-tra...

















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889587-helicopter-rides-automobiles-and-Nice