*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889869-Verona-Day-Trip
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#889869 added August 13, 2016 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
Verona Day Trip
August 13th We'll be heading out at 8am today

Our day tour will take about 9 hours so be sure to dress comfortably, we're leaving right after we lock up our gear.

Visit Verona, the setting of Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo and Juliet,’ on this day trip from Venice. Soak up the city’s history, architecture and culture as you check out castles, churches, frescoes, Gothic landmarks, charming piazzas and Verona’s renowned amphitheater. A knowledgeable local guide will bring the city to life on this small-group tour limited to 15 people. Highlights Verona day trip from Venice See sights related to Romeo and Juliet, as well as other historical landmarks Skip the line at the ancient Roman amphitheater Pass by the Verona Duomo and the famed Juliet balcony Walk along the river past Casa di Romeo Learn about the city as you walk along its streets with an in-the-know guide Small-group tour limited to 15 people provides a more personalized experience

Read more about Romeo and Juliets Verona Day Trip from Venice - Venice | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/Venice/Romeo-and-Juliets-Verona-Day-Trip-from-Venic...

Dinner is at Ristorante Enoteca Cangrande
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187871-d1639024-Reviews-Ristorant...

I know it's tempting but please don't feed the pigeons when we are walking past St. Marks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/dont-feed-the-pigeons-in-venice-b...

I know it's a long day but please have all your stuff packed this evening, we're leaving very early.
We've got a 5 hour train hour ride, but it's a beautiful scenic ride to Vienna. We've got bag lunches so we can begin our day once we leave our stuff at the hotel.


Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd place in the Jan. 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !

Quote for today: “One of the great joys of traveling through Italy is discovering firsthand that it is, indeed, a dream destination.” – Debra Lavinson https://:http://www.venere.com/blog/27-quotes-about-italy/

Feeding the pigeons is not something I want to do. The world is not the USA. We must respect the rules of other countries or not go to other countries. I hope any necessary rules are well known to guides as we travel along and they are willing to let us know them when it is necessary. I know some of the rules women might come up against in Italy are focused on the length of a dress. So be careful of what you wear when touring the Cathedrals and Basilicas.

A wonderful view of Verona from above. The aqueduct was not a surprise. Truly amazing how functional they are after all these years. We were on the mile long Via Mazzini. The little shops there are a special attraction. I found a new scarf and a book with pictures of paintings. The flowers along the little alleys of homes are so beautiful. Flowers cheer the heart and mind.

It was a symbol of mental and emotional progress to know that the Roman amphitheater is used for concerts and opera performance. A quaint balcony used for the story of Juliet and Romeo is not authentic, but, still worth seeing for the value of the scene.

The art and stained glass scenes in the Basilica of San Zeno lives up to expectation. Somewhere, in my reading history, I read that people used to flock to the building sites of Cathedrals and Basilicas in Europe. It was a way to increase tax revenue because the populations of a town would increase. For the people, it was a way to express their religious zeal and earn a good living or a reputation in the building trades.

At the end of the day dining at the Ristorante Enoteca Cangrande was a yummy experience. The service was exceptional I ate a dish of cooked tomatoes served with noodles and a sauce with fish. I don’t know the name of it but it was very good. I noticed the tour of Italy, quite often emphasizes romance. Perhaps the futility of that influence is one of the things Shakespeare saw when he was writing Romeo and Juliet.

Owl with signature
Happy Web Surfing

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/889869-Verona-Day-Trip