*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890086-River-Cruise-With-Music
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#890086 added August 16, 2016 at 7:19am
Restrictions: None
River Cruise With Music
Day 16
4 hour train trip to Prague... breakfast on train.I've upgraded us for this evening's adventure. What part of today's adventure interested you the most?


Fairy playing a flute



Quote for the Day: “Prague. Praha. The name actually meant “threshold”. Pollina had said the city was a portal between the life of the good and … the other. A city of dark magic, Alessandro had called it.”
― Magnus Flyte, City of Dark Magic http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/prague

We checked into the hostel and stored packs. What a fun place. The recreation room, where a piano player was spinning some musical magic had an artist rendering of horses with angels drinking them. I noticed a sleeping room with a large feather on the wall. The wall art is fun. The colors woven into the decor is uplifting. It is also very clean. When we are there in the evening and a lot of people are in for the day it could be buzzing with activity but in a good friendly manner. I met viola again who was at the first hostel we visited. We had a good time sitting in the little café chatting about Europe.

Martina was our guide. It was a profitable walk through the sites of the city. I grabbed some flowers from the flower market to bring back to the hostel for the morning buffet table. Did anyone else like the painted wall? John Lennon on a painted wall in riotous color.

The guards are so serious, as people mull about them taking pictures. I bet they have to practice to keep that straight face as they fulfill their time. The changing of the guard must be a relief some days when they leave their days duty. Can you imagine what they discuss after they leave for the day?

River cruises are the best and this was no exception. Sandra Lynn, Blue Moon, Carly, Sally Waves, Neva, Andy~WGT, SB Musing Minx, everyone almost opted for the dinner ride. Many of us sat on the upper deck because it was a nice evening. The lights on the shore greet us with splendor. I told Princess Megan Rose what it would really be like to ride a Lippizzan as our boat cruised slowly along. A piano serenaded us with some jazz and classical pieces in the background during the whole trip. We passed under an aqueduct with crosses and statues mounted on the top. We saw the the head that measures the river level. At one point, the river is divided into lanes. One lane is for the large river boats the other lane has people in boats used by individuals who are just out for a peaceful paddle on the river. There are castles built into the side of cliffs that you can view best from the river.

I ate Ham with cranberry dip, poached halibut in Olive Oil with potato puree, and strawberries with mint leaves and lemon sorbet. I was pleased with the bottled water served on the tables. It was nice not to have to order wine.

Prague shows its ancient ties to Christianity, music and magic. It is an interesting city. But how do the people in the rural part of the country live?


Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd place in the Jan. 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890086-River-Cruise-With-Music