*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890163-Terezin
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#890163 added August 17, 2016 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
Terezin
This book is a Hoot!


I chose to take the tour of Terezin. https://www.tripadvisor.com has pictures of terezin}Trip advisor says all people should visit Terezin.

Quote for today:}
The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. The last of one’s freedoms is to choose ones attitude in any given circumstance.
~ Viktor Frankl (March 26, 1905 - September 02, 1997) {link: http://www.quotesea.com/quotes/author-category/theresienstadt-concentration-camp...}

References:http://www.lonelyplanet.com/czech-republic/sights/museums-galleries/prague-jewish-museum I also used References from the prompt:

In Prague we walked to the place where we met the coach to Terezin. The Nazi’s believed Terezin was the perfect place to establish a concentration camp. When the Red Cross made visits to the camp the parts and people they visited were dressed up to look as if the camp was following regulations established for the prisoners. After, the Red Cross representatives left the camp returned to its real purpose. What was its purpose? Alienating peoples belief in freedom? Or, eradicating the belief in God's love and mercy? It served no purpose except the evil that plagues the human race.

Many countries whose residents participated in Jewish extinction practices continued to leave the knowledge of holocaust in the shadows after the end of WWII. When the democratic system was formed in the Czech Republic the education department was formed to educate the children in schools about crimes committed against peoples with a physical Jewish heritage.

Pictures and stories at Terezin prove the world had lost its collective mind as the Nazi’s took control of one land after another. Today the same mind is working in IsiL. It is an ancient mind that needs to be stopped before it causes another holocaust. It is a grime history of a Jewish Ghetto. Death and the destruction of life is a result of racism.

A teacher in college told us in a lecture we must never forget why WWII was fought. We must never forget the Holocaust. Since then, people in some countries, both Muslim and Christian have suffered annihilation attempts. I have seen people on news programs who wonder out loud, When will it stop?

After the sobering journey to Terezin we returned to Prague where we visited the Jewish Museum. This Museum was established in 1906. The Nazi’s took it over with the intention of making it a tribute to an extinct race. There are 6 monuments and synagogues. Important artifacts from destroyed synagogues have been gathered to the museum.

In a lighter frame of mind, there is a legend that says the lifeless body of the Golem lies in the attic of the Old-New synagogue in Prague. The Golem legend has been used in modern times to create fictional fantasy stories.

This day leaves us with lots of thoughts to ponder.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd place in the Jan. 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !

© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890163-Terezin