*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890727-But-why-did-you-go-there-in-the-first-place
by River
Rated: ASR · Book · Comedy · #2090787
Getting to know me.
#890727 added August 24, 2016 at 5:28pm
Restrictions: None
"But why did you go there in the first place?"
BCOF Insignia

DAY 1379 August 24, 2016
Prompt: "But why did you go there in the first place?"


I needed milk for my coffee. I can't function without my coffee that's why I went there in the first place. I made myself presentable, hung a cloth shopping bag at the back of my buggy, (My motorized wheelchair), and headed down the street to the store. It was a long hot ride to get to the only store with electric doors in this small town but I needed my morning coffee.

Even though, it was early morning the air was hot and muggy. I did my best to smile and say hello to the people who were out and about doing their errands but my mission was to get to the store, get the milk, get home and drink the coffee.

I went as fast as I could without terrorizing the townsfolk although a few of them did jump to the side with their eyes bugging out of their heads. It seems I have a reputation as the Crazed Buggy Lady. *Crazy*

Finally, I saw the store up ahead. I picked up speed and sailed through the doors. Once inside, I slowed down a bit because the aisles aren't as wide as I would like. I aimed for the back of the store where the milk is kept behind double glass doors. I stopped there and looked up at the shelves. “You've got to be kidding me!” I muttered. All the 2% milk was on the top shelve even if I stood up and got the doors opened I wouldn't be able to the reach the milk.

I sat in the chair glaring at the milk as I planned my next move. I looked around for someone to help but I guess not many people do their shopping quite that early. At last, I saw an elderly man limping toward me. He was a bit grumpy because my buggy was parked in front of the milk so I backed away. He reached in and got his milk and turned to go. “Excuse me, could you please get me get me a carton of milk?” I inquired. He whipped around and stared at me in irritation. Maybe he hadn't had his coffee? He got out the milk and dumped it unceremoniously on my lap. *Angry*

With the cold milk on my lap I decided to grab some fruit for breakfast I managed to reach a leaky basket of strawberries and placed in carefully beside the milk. By the time I reached the checkout the milk was sweating and berry juice was staining my beige pants. I lifted the basket and milk up onto the counter. The kind lady saw my problem and came around and put my purchases in the bag attached to the back of the buggy.

Feeling a bit better, I rolled up to the sliding doors. No, It was raining! *Shock2* I raced across the parking lot and started up the street. The further I went the harder it rained then the wind and thunder started. Fearing the electronics were going to get soaked I continued on my merry way.

When I reached home I maneuvered the buggy through the doors and up the hall to my apartment. Once I got inside I stood up, stripped, wrapped myself in a big cozy bath towel, and poured myself a cup of coffee. I sat at the table and sighed enjoying my steamy brew.

Thank you to Whata SpoonStealer for the beautiful purple awardicon that graces my blog cover. At least it will grace it when I finally get a cover up there!

Keep Smiling,
River *Heart*

© Copyright 2016 River (UN: riverbedwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
River has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890727-But-why-did-you-go-there-in-the-first-place