*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890734-Biking-and-Elevator-Rides
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#890734 added August 24, 2016 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Biking and Elevator Rides
Owl with signature Versailles Gardens, Effel Tower and Miscellaneous


This Quote is from a Book: Ideals and Ideologies, by Terence Ball and Richard Dagger

Antoine Louis Claude Destutt, Comte de Tracy (1754-1836 “De Tracy coined the term “Ideology” when ideas inspired many thousands to test their powers in politics and to put their immediate material interests, even lives, at risk.” Ideology originated in the French Revolution era.


Paris is considered the City of Light. As we biked through the beautiful gardens I thought about France as a whole. The parks are called the “Lungs of Paris” They cover 60 acres of botanical gardens. Incorporating a zoo and a natural history museum keeps tourists and residents a like returning often to visit. I rode with Blue Moon part of the time but we got separated after while. Later I caught up with Panda Paws on a unicycle. *Cool*

France has such a rich and varied history. During the Roman times France was called Gaul. The people of Gaul were considered less refined by the Romans. However, Rome regarded Gaul as a prize. The people were hardy and able to battle with vigor. Not only is there a Roman aqueduct, but a Roman bath, Amphitheater and barracks still remain as a tourist attraction.

Yesterday we visited a vast farmers market near the Louve. Paris is the seat of Artistry. The people of France make pottery, Lace, fabric and tapestry, and wine. Acres of flowers are grown for the scent market. Fresh bouquets of flowers are sold every where. Even into neighboring countries.

Strasbourg Gothic Cathedral is famous for it’s 42 foot wide rose window made of stained glass. And, there is a shrine to Joan of Arc the French heroine falsely accused of witch craft and burned at the stake.

Later in the day we traveled as a group to Gustave Eiffel’s tower. It is really Frances tower built in 1889 for the world’s fair. At one time, it was the tallest building in the world. Eiffel directed the building of the tower. The tower is 984 feet tall. Now, there is a powerful TV transmitting station right on top of it. The elevator ride is a lark.

I find their political history as interesting as the way they run their farms and meet the social and political needs of the country.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd place in the Jan. 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !


© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890734-Biking-and-Elevator-Rides