*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890979-August-28th--London
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#890979 added August 28, 2016 at 1:42pm
Restrictions: None
August 28th--London
Howdy Once Again!

Once again we will use the color scheme red, white, and blue. I had no idea how many countries used that in their flag. lol Anyway, if you've read more than one or two of my blogs, you'll know the prompt will be in blue and I'll be typing my response in red. *Smile* I have to admit, I wonder if people of the future will think we had some sort of superior travelling devices the way we talk about going everywhere while we're still home. lol

August 28th--London

We're off for a day long adventure which I am positive will appeal to Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox since we're going to see Jane Austin's home. Discover the delights of rural England on this full-day trip to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, Lacock and Bath from London. Traveling by air-conditioned coach with an expert guide, visit Windsor Castle, the world’s oldest occupied castle, still used by Queen Elizabeth II. After seeing St George’s Chapel and the State Apartments, continue to Stonehenge, Europe’s best-known prehistoric monument. Admire the ancient stone edifice, enjoy a traditional pub lunch in medieval Lacock village, and lastly, spend time in the spa city of Bath, famous for its honey-colored Georgian architecture and Roman baths. Highlights: Full-day tour from London to Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Bath. Explore beautiful St George's Chapel and the State Apartments at Windsor Castle. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Stonehenge with a guide. Sit down to enjoy lunch at The George Inn, a traditional English pub in the village of Lacock. Enjoy a coach tour of the beautiful Georgian city of Bath, home of the famous author Jane Austen.

Read more about Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Including Pub Lunch in Medieval Village of Lacock - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Stonehenge-Windsor-Castle-Bath-and-Medieval-...


We are nearing the end of our tour of Europe. I can tell those from England are getting quite sad about the end. Sally and Kit of House Lannister and Jellyfish-on holiday have been trying to put on a brave face, but it's clear they're disappointed to be home.

I totally loved Windsor Castle, but I'm a tourist like that. lol Hey, it's people like me that make tourist economies possible, so don't knock me. *Wink*

Stonehenge was AMAZING! Really! How in the world did they get those giant stones there? Crazy! Also crazy, I somehow didn't know Stonehenge was in England. Where did I think it was? I never really thought about it. I probably would have guessed somewhere in Europe, but that's about as close as I would have gotten. But I feel smarter now. *Smile*

Speaking of feeling smarter, I think Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox knew more about Jane Austin than our guide did, though our guide was far more knowledgeable than your average person. It was really interesting, but afterward, on the way home, Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox filled us in with a LOT more that was previously left out of the tour. Thanks! I feel much smarter now!

Lunch at The George Inn was tasty, but I'm really glad they had more variety than the fish and chips place we went to yesterday. lol Of course, that was prominent on their menu, but thankfully, they had other options. I got a lovely sandwich that I thoroughly enjoyed. And it came with chips (French fries). lol It's not the chips I'm opposed to, but the fish.


Dinner is at a comedy club this evening. It came highly recommended.

Immerse yourself in the sidesplitting comedy of Faulty Towers during a 2-hour Faulty Towers Dining Experience in London’s West End. Enter the richly decorated dining room of the Amba Hotel in Charing Cross and prepare to laugh yourself silly during an evening of improvised comedy from beloved characters of British sitcom, Fawlty Towers. Feast upon a 3-course lunch or dinner of English specialties as you receive shocking service and see hilarious theatrical scenes. Highlights of Faulty Towers The Dining Experience: Be transported back to the 1970s with this hilarious and acclaimed 2-hour homage to British sitcom Fawlty Towers. Meet Basil, Sybil and the lovable waiter Manuel, and enjoy a fully interactive comedy experience. Enjoy a 1970s-inspired 3-course meal, served by the characters. Choose between a lunch or dinner show.

Read more about Faulty Towers The Dining Experience - London | Viator at: https://www.viator.com/tours/London/Faulty-Towers-The-Dining-Experience/d737-657...


Faulty Towers was funny. I'd never seen a show like that where the wait staff was the show. I thoroughly enjoyed it and they even had vegetarian options for a veggie friends. Good times. *Smile*

TTFN



Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.
- Gene Fowler

© Copyright 2016 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/890979-August-28th--London