*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891053-Backpacking-Europe-Day-29
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#891053 added August 29, 2016 at 11:41pm
Restrictions: None
Backpacking Europe: Day 29
Monday, August 29, 2016

London Bus Tour

London
Big Ben striking the hour
London Bridge is not falling down

Memories of childhood games come back as the bus tours London. I remember singing "London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. London bridge is falling down, My fair Lady." After that we were supposed to take some sticks and build it up again. I think I like the name Tower Bridge better then London Bridge because it fits better. The two 213 foot towers give the bridge character and set my imagination soaring. Can you image if people had angle-like wings how it would feel to take flight from the top of one of those towers. The 200 foot central span is another thing that sets my imagination singing. Just imagine being on a ship going under that span and watching the span raise to let you through.



I always wanted to hear Big Ben chime the hour. I always imagine it chiming the hour because a clock that big would ring the hour. The sound resonates with beauty on the hour and on the quarter hour that it can bring a person to tears just listening to the clock's glorious music.

Pub Crawl

Under normal conditions I'm not a pub crawler, all though I could be a coffee house crawler. I suspect with a tour of coffee houses it wouldn't be called a crawl but a dance because by the time your through sampling all the wonderful tasting coffees you would have enough energy and caffeine to dance all night. My nightlife consists of watching television, reading, or surfing the web, unless it's the Fourth of July or New Year's Eve. On the Fourth of July I sit in front of my apartment watching the neighbors set off illegal fireworks. On New Year's Eve I turn the television on to watch America and the world bring in a New Year. Alright, now that everyone knows how exciting and fun filled my nightlife usually is lets get on with the fun.


© Copyright 2016 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/891053-Backpacking-Europe-Day-29